Wolf steel case 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
Reading through the manual, it says steel case, alum case, brass case of any manufacture are all known to function.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
From what I understand, Wolf uses a laquer coating on their cases. If you're planning on hosing, that chamber can get fairly hot and the laquer can get a little gummy.

I hate the primer sealer they use as it leaves a red residue all over the breechface. No big deal, but it just bugs me for some reason.

Frankly, I think it has the potential to be a little hard on extractor hooks.

I've shot a lot of Wolf and have never had an issue - whether it be Glocks, Sig's, Beretta's, HK's, Kimber's, Steyr's, what have you.

That being said, I haven't used it for a few years now.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
Wolf used to use lacquer, but doesn't any more. There is no doubt still some of the lacquered Wolf in circulation, but just as SS said watch out for the lacquered stuff.

I like the Silver Bear stuff a little better than Wolf though on the low end, but wouldn't be against shooting any of it.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
You have to love Ruger on this topic. My p95 says to go for it on steel cases. As far as wear goes, that steel is so much softer than the parts of the gun, and if the extractor does wear out a new one cost $24 shipped and it takes 5 seconds to put in. You should be able to afford a new extractor several times over buy shooting wolf ammo for cheap.

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
I have shot a bunch of it in my Beretta 92. It is a little dirty, but no problems. Mine was 115 FMJ, and I chronographed it. It was doing 1130fps. average. Not a +P load, but good for practice.