Wolf Primers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Has anyone stooped so low as to using the Russian made WOLF primers? Ok, maybe they are good, how do I know?

Those are the only ones I can find around here so I bought 200. My primer supply is SUPER low!

Just curious if they are ok. I want to load 44 Special and 45 Colt.

eme

Bearcat
Been using Wolf primers for the last 1000-1500 reloads. Have had no trouble with them they all went bang when the trigger was pulled. I would get them again with no after thought.

Good luck in your quest

dg101win

Single-Sixer
I have put them in my 44spl,44mag,45colt and 45acp they work great.
Just starting with the small primers now in 38's.

Buckshot Bill

Bearcat
ShortBBL, the ones I have seem to be made maybe a thousanth or so larger around -[great technical term] than Winchester or CCI. Maybe that's just me. In other words, it takes just a LITTLE more "oomph"-[another highly technical term] to seat them fully. They work fine and I'll buy all I can again. They usually are cheaper than any others out there. Good luck, Buckshot Bill

WESHOOT2

Hunter
Conversing with a USPSA Grand Master yesterday and Wolf came up.
Seems as if there is a growing body of reloaders experiencing difficulty in igniting said brand......FWIW.

I still manage to find CCI and Winchester and Federal locally.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I have had problems with Wolf primers in several of my guns, in both small pistol and large.

The primers seem to be too hard, and I'm getting light strikes with several of my guns.

I have ruled out the guns, and my reloading as the problem, since it happens with multiple guns, particularly the striker fired ones, and it never, ever happens with any other brand of primers.

I contacted Wolf, and they acknowledged that they were having an unspecified problem. Wolf seems to be a stand up company, and they offered to buy back any unused primers ( I did not have to actually send them back, just show proof of purchase).

pb

LAH

Buckeye
Can't speak for anyone else but there's been well over 50,000 of them through here without a complaint...........Creeker