Wolf primers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Has anyone reloaded with Wolf primers and are they reliable? I just ordered 2000 with the option to buy another 8000, but do not want to do so if they are not good. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Hank.

Quarryman

Bearcat
I can only tell you that the primers on the Wolf 7.62 x 39 ammo I use are apparently very hard.

My Mini-30 gets about 20% misfires with that ammo, though almost every round will fire on the second attempt. The 7.62 x 39 is the only Wolf caliber I shoot.

MAC702

Single-Sixer
I've loaded many thousands of Wolf LP primers in .45 ACP for myself and others. Never a problem.

I've loaded over a thousand of the Wolf SRM primers designed for the 5.56mm also with no problems.

dg101win

Single-Sixer
Another vote for Wolf primers. I am getting very good results with them in 44spl,44mag,45colt and 45acp. I expect to get the same results in 38 and 357.

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Thanks my friends. I ordered ten thousand of them and will use them in my .44s and my .45s. I appreciate the help very much and will return the favor if possible. Best to all here, Hank.

96/44

Blackhawk
I've used some and been happy with them. FYI these are not actually made by Wolf (Russia), but by Prvi Partisan in Serbia.

dg101win

Single-Sixer
96/44":35cwij7v said:
I've used some and been happy with them. FYI these are not actually made by Wolf (Russia), but by Prvi Partisan in Serbia.

I am not meaning to argue about it,but the ones I have here say Made in Russia on them. They were purchased earlier this year. Either way they work great for me.

96/44

Blackhawk
Ok, I had to go check. I have Wolf small rifle, and large pistol primers. The rifle primers are indeed made in Russsia, and the pistol primers in Serbia, interesting...

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Well, my Russian/Serbian primers worked well.lol I shot two hundred this morning and not a misfire, so I guess I can recommend them. Thanks all for the help and commentary. I really appreciate it. Best to all of you, Hank.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
96/44":vs9i0mqq said:
Ok, I had to go check. I have Wolf small rifle, and large pistol primers. The rifle primers are indeed made in Russsia, and the pistol primers in Serbia, interesting...

My Large Pistol and small rifle (.223) both say made in Russia. I'm thinking maybe they increased manufacturing to get more over here during the shortage.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
slippingaway":2w6emssn said:
My Large Pistol and small rifle (.223) both say made in Russia. I'm thinking maybe they increased manufacturing to get more over here during the shortage.

Hi,

Judging by what I saw at the last gun show I attended (June) I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case: the ammo building had pallets stacked high of most of the "popular" calibers of ammo ('cept .22 LR) and it was all Wolf...

I've never used their primers myself, but have heard no complaints from those I've talked to who have. Given a choice of 10k Wolf primers now, vs zero of my favorite brand for who knows how long, I figure it's a case of any port in a storm?

Rick C

Ethang

Blackhawk
I used 5k in my 9mm. They seemed to be prone to loosing the anvil if they got at all cocked in my 650. I really liked them at $90. Now that they are back at $129, the same as the Winchesters I am not so fond of them.

Of course I had Graf's ship my backorder as I was down to my last 600....

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Damn. I got very lucky then. $38 per thousand. I got really lucky if they have gone that high. God takes care of birds and idiots I guess. Hank

contender

Ruger Guru
gunslinger_h,, I think you need to see he means $90 for 5000, not 1000 primers. At $129 a case,, they have gone up,, but that still less than $38 a thousand.
I saw a guy this past weekend at a gun show selling Wolf primers for $40 a thousand,,, and since he was back to back with me I got to hear him whine & apologize for his prices. Funny thing though,, I just bought a case of Win primers, mixed between Lge & Sm pistol primers for $130 a case plus tax.

My big question about Wolf primers.
Has anybody chronoed ammo with their pet loads,, then switched to Wolf primers & checked the velocity???
Just curious.

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Thanks, I certainly did misunderstand. Have not done any chrono work with them. I have not been able to get it by the case, just the thousand round boxes so far. And $38 is high when you can get a case for $129. Still hard to find down here for me. Thanks again buddy, Hank.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Ethang":8dhsbnyy said:
I used 5k in my 9mm. They seemed to be prone to loosing the anvil if they got at all cocked in my 650. I really liked them at $90. Now that they are back at $129, the same as the Winchesters I am not so fond of them.
gunslinger_h":8dhsbnyy said:
Damn. I got very lucky then. $38 per thousand. I got really lucky if they have gone that high. God takes care of birds and idiots I guess.

Believe ethang meant $129 for 5K primers = $26/1000.