WIW? Birdshead Vaq

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My gun pusher just called saying he took in a high polish .357 birdshead Vaquero, box and papers and wants to know if I'm interested. Condition like new, doesn't look fired. Says he needs $325 + tax. I don't really care for the Birdshead grip, but what do y'all think about the price?
Were these a limited run or are they still available?

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
I am not a great fan of the birdshead either. I depends how far the car ride is. The price is good if the gun is what the dealer says its so. What I would do is take the raw Blackhawk SS gripframe and Micarta stocks I have in inventory and fit it to that nice three inch plus barreled gun then off I'd go. The birdshead would go on the block for someone else. JMVVHO. Calthrop

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee my favorite pusher called me yesterday and asked if I wanted a NIB OM 30 carbine Blackhawk for $450. I said to hold it until I can examine it,,!
Don'tcha just hate our pushers???

I had to pass on it - just doesn't fit my hand and I didn't need to buy something just because it was a good deal. The next person to walk in the shop saw it on the counter and bought it. Now if it had been in 45c it would be a whole different story.
Yes it looked NIB, not a mark on that shiney high polish stainless finish and with simulated ivory grips too..

sunday bill

Single-Sixer
When signed up in the one-handed SASS sub-categories that require large bullet/BP .45 loads, the Ruger Bird's Head gripframe is my personal favorite. In my hand, the frame seems to roll better than any other under recoil. As a result of this pivoting action, the hammer conveniently presents itself, allowing for quicker and surer cocking for the subsequent shot.