WITHDRAWN, PLEASE CLOSE: books

Help Support Ruger Forum:

THIS AD WITHDRAWN MARCH 13, 2016

JAN. 25, 2016 UPDATE: price adjustments, etc.

Shipping is included in the prices listed below -- all books will be sent well packed via USPS Media Mail rate. Photos are available on request by Private Message or by email (my email address is exactly the same as my user name here, @verizon.net). Payment options are PayPal or U.S. Postal money order. (In cases in which those options are not convenient, I am open to discussion on other options, case by case.) If you want a specific book, please post below "I'll take no. __," and send me a Private Message or email for payment instructions. All offers will be respectfully considered.

(1) SOLD Handfeuerwaffen System Vetterli, by Hugo Schneider, Michael am Rhyn, Oskar Krebs, Christian Reinhard, Robert Schiess. Collector book on Swiss Vetterli military rifles. This is Volume 3 in the series Bewaffnung und Ausrustung der Schweizer Armee seit 1817, a series of high-end books for collectors, Published by Verlag Stocker-Schmid, 1970. TEXT IS IN GERMAN. $150

(2) SOLD Eidgenossische Handfeuerwaffen, by Hugo Schneider and Michael am Rhyn. This is Volume 2 in the series Bewaffnung und Ausrustung der Schweizer Armee seit 1817 (see above). Covers various Swiss percussion rifles of the early to mid-19th century. THE TEXT IS IN GERMAN. Profusely illustrated. Fine copy. $115.

(3) SOLD Faustfeuerwaffen I Vorderladerpistolen Revolver, by Christian Reinhart and Michael am Rhyn. Volume 5 in the series Bewaffnung und Ausrustung der Schweizer Armee seit 1817 (see above). Covers various 19th century Swiss military handguns. THE TEXT IS IN GERMAN. Profusely illustrated. Fine copy. $115.

(4) SOLD Underhammer Guns, by Herschel C. Logan. Hardcover in dust jacket, published in 1960 by The Stackpole Company. 249 pages. 11.5x9-inch format. The book is in excellent condition. $50.

(5) American British & Continental Pepperbox Firearms, by Jack Dunlap. Hardcover in dust jacket, published in 1964 by H.J. Dunlap. Format is 11.5 by 8.75 inches, 279 pages. The book is in excellent condition. The dust jacket is generally in good condition, but there were some tears in the top and bottom edges of the spine of the dust jacket that somebody repaired with tape on the hidden side. Profusely illustrated with photos and reproductions of old diagrams. $45.

(6) SOLD Round Ball to Rimfire, Part 1 and Part 2, by Dean S. Thomas. These are two hardcover, oversize, heavy (334 and 522 pages, respectively), densely researched volumes on Civil War small arms ammunition. These two volumes have very minor defects but are essentially like-new. $100. NOTE: I also have a number of other Civil War-related books, some vintage, that are not related to firearms; if you're interested in that sort of thing, send me an email and I will send you a list.

(7) SOLD Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers, by Major Julian S. Hatcher. This is a 1995 NRA Firearms Classic Library reprint of a classic work by renown firearms authority Julian Hatcher, originally published in 1935. Like-new condition. $50.

(8) SOLD Whitney Firearms, by Claud E. Fuller. Hardcover, 1946 by Standard Publications. 335 pages. $45.

(9) SOLD The Gun and Its Development: Ninth Edition, by W. W. Greener. This is a 1967 hardcover reprint of the Ninth Edition of 1910. A classic -- 800-plus pages, hundreds of exquisitely detailed line drawings. I love this book, but I don't need two copies. Good condition (no dust jacket). $25.

(10) SOLD Gun Digest 2015. Trade softcover, 560 pages. As new. $25.

(11) SOLD The Ultimate Spy Book, by H. Keith Melton. Hardcover, DK Publishing, 1996. Like all DK books, heavy on color photographs, in this case of spy-related paraphernalia, including specialized firearms, silencers, etc. No dust jacket, some "tanning" of page edges, one corner of the cover tattered. $15.

(12) SOLD The Story of Merwin, Hulbert, & Co. Firearms, Second Edition, by Art Phelps. 1992. This is the go-to reference book on Merwin, Hulbert handguns. Hundreds of photos. This copy is in excellent condition, with an excellent dust jacket. This book is long out of print and all of the copies available on Amazon and Alibris are listed for much more than I am asking. (The First Edition may turn up a little more often, but as I recall, this Second Edition contained substantial enhancements.) 225 pages. This copy is NOT numbered and signed by the author. $280.

(16) SOLD Superior Revolvers Manufactured by Smith & Wesson. This is a modern Cornell Publications reprint of the 1900 Smith & Wesson catalog. 8.5x6.5-inch format. 70 pages. Perfect condition. $17.

(17) SOLD American and Imported Arms, Ammunition and Shooting Accessories, Catalog No. 18, A. F. Stoeger, Inc. This is a modern reprint by Cornell Publications of the 1932 A. F. Stoeger catalog (Catalog No. 18). 8.5x11-inch format. 145 pages of illustrations and descriptions of long guns, handguns, ammunition, accessories, etc. Includes Smith & Wesson, King sights, imported European free pistols, etc. $18.

(18) SOLD Firearms of the American West, 1866-1894, by Louis A. Garavaglia and Charles G. Worman. This is a really nice book, backed with interesting information not just about the guns, but about the cultural history of the peoples who used them. Many fascinating contemporary photos of men of the old west with the guns, as well as conventional studio photos of vintage firearms. 413 pages, 12x9 format, weighs over 4 pounds, published 1985 by the University of New Mexico Press. Book and dust jacket both in excellent condition. $45.

(19) Shooter's Bible Gun Traders Guide, by Paul Wahl. 1964 edition. Softcover, 190 pages, good condition. $15.

(20) Gunsmithing Guns of the Old West, by David R. Chicoine. 2001 edition, Krause Publications. This is a trade softcover, 8.5x11-inch format, 352 pages. A guide to working on vintage handguns, rifles, and shotguns, and replicas thereof. Chicoine's handbook has been out of print for awhile, and even beat-up copies are commanding premium prices from on-line vendors. This copy is in excellent condition. $80, shipped. If it saves you one trip to the gunsmith, you'll come out ahead.

(21) Remington Rolling Block Pistols, by Jerry Landskron. Rolling Block Press, First Edition, June 1981. 296 pages. Hardcover, gold-embrossed cover design. Excellent condition -- no appreciable defects. 11x9-inch format. Anybody who is interested in these classic pistols knows about this book -- the cheapest copies on Albris and Amazon are about $150, and they go up from there. This one is $110, shipped.

(22) Legends of the Hunt, by John Seerey-Lester. Legends Press, 2009. This is the "hardcover trade edition," 12.5x11.5 inch format, with full-color dust jacket. Autographed and inscribed by Seerey-Lester. Full-color reproductions of 105 Seerey-Lester paintings "depicting the greatest sportsmen and explorers between the years 1849 and 1933" -- Teddy Roosevelt, Jim Corbett, Frederick Selous, et al. This copy is in excellent condition -- basically as new, except for minors scuffs and impressions on the dust jacket, visible on close examination when viewed from certain angles. This book has been out of print for awhile, and copies on Amazon and Alibris now start at about $350 and go much higher. For this copy I am asking $200.

(23) SOLD The Peacemaker and Its Rivals: An Account of the Single-Action Colt, by John E. Parsons. Hardcover, 1950. 184 pages, many photos and drawings. 9.5x6.5-inch format. The dust jacket is missing. Overall, a solid, clean copy in good condition. $20 shipped.

(24) SOLD Silk and Steel: Women at Arms, by R. W. Wilson. Hardcover, Random House, First Edition, 2003. 11.5x9x1-inch format, 318 pages. I like some of Wilson's books a lot better than others. I think this is one of his best, displaying both well-written and informative text, and numerous high-quality photos of female shooters of various eras and the often-beautiful firearms associated with such shooters. The material on Annie Oakley alone is worth the price. This copy is is excellent condition overall. The bottom corner of the rear board was bumped and this slightly bent the corners on a group of pages. There is some faint light soiling on the edge of the title page. These are inconspicuous, minor defects. Price: $30 shipped. (The publisher's retail price on this volume was $65. The book is heavy and the price reflects the shipping expense.)

(25) SOLD Patton's Photographs: War As He Saw It. Potomac Books, 2006, 135 pages. Trade softcover, 11x8.5-inch format. You know that Gen. George Patton frequently wore two revolvers -- usually a Smith & Wesson .357 Registered Magnum and a Colt Single-Action -- but did you know that he also often carried a Leica camera? This is a fascinating book of war photos taken by Patton himself. $25 shipped.

(26) WITHDRAWN Remington Arms and History, by Bill West. First edition, 1970. This is a hard cover book, 6.25x9.25x1.0-inch format, published without a dust jacket. A collector reference published in very limited numbers. $65, shipped.

(27) SOLD English Sporting Guns and Accessories, by McDonald Hastings. Published by Ward Locke and Company, London, 1969, as part of "Collectors Monographs" series. This is a small hardcover book, 6.75x9.25-inch, 96 pages. It is in fine condition, with a very good dust jacket. $15, shipped.

(28) Hallock's .45 Auto Handbook, by Ken Hallock. Softcover, 1980. This is a nice clean copy in good or very good condition. There are some small creases in the covers, and the covers are a little light-tanned. Amazon vendors have three used copies listed, each around $90 plus shipping, so I'll price this at $55, shipped.

(29) SOLD The Plains Rifle, by Charles E. Hanson, Jr. 1960. Hardcover, 170 pages, 11.25x8.75-inch format. No dust cover, condition good to very good; some light tanning of page edges. Covers Tennessee rifles, Hawkins rifles, famous plainsmen and their rifles, etc. Many photos and other illustrations. $45.

(30) American Beauty: The Prewar National Match Government Model Pistol, by Timothy J. Mullin. First Edition, 1999, by Collector Grade Publications. Hardcover, 59 pages, 11x9-inch format. The book is in fine condition with a fine dust jacket. There are a few very minor dents in the dust jacket, visible close up if the light is oblique, and very minor tanning on some page edges. Profusely illustrated, including full-page color photos of Colt National Match Government Model pistols with custom engraving, ivory grips, etc. $110.

(31) Antique Guns: The Collector's Guide, by John E. Traister. Second Edition, 1994, Stoeger Publishing. Softcover, 10x8-inch format, 320 pages. $25.

(32) Guns of the Old West, by Charles Edward Chapel. Hardcover, original 1961 edition by Coward-McCann (not a reprint), 306 pages, 7x10-inch format, excellent condition in a good dust jacket, $35.

(33) SOLD. Hitler's Garands: German Self-Loading Rifles of World War II, by W. Darrin Weaver. Hardcover, first edition, 2001, Collector Grade Publications, 361 pages, 11.5x9-inch format, excellent condition, dust jacket is very good with some smudges. $90.

(34) SOLD. Gunsmithing Guns of the Old West, Expanded Second Edition, by David R. Chicoine. 2004. Trade softcover book, 8.5x11-inch format. An extremely useful guide to working on vintage handguns, rifles, shotguns, and replicas thereof. Expanded Second Edition, 2004, 446 pages, $120. Excellent condition. (I also have for sale a copy of the 2001 First Edition, #20 on this list.)

(35) TRADE PENDING. Die Scheibenpistole, by Bruno Brukner and Ott Halfmann (Shooting Books, 2004). One-of-a-kind reference book (now out of print) on European "free pistols" and other single-shot target pistols. Profusely illustrated with high-quality, detailed line drawings, including schematics of interior mechanisms on these fascinating firearms. 324 pages. THE TEXT IS IN GERMAN. This book is nearly as new; there is some sun-fading on the edges of the dust jacket, and a small tear on page 250, repaired with professional book tape. Photos of sample pages available. $200.

All offers will be respectfully considered. All prices include shipping.