Winter 10/22 builds begin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just awaiting a response from Louis from Whistle Pig regarding a finish request and another build will commence. This will b my son's first build. he picked the stock form one I had here I was going to use myself but he wanted it soo... Wanted it light for him so I went with Whistle Pig again. The trigger will likely head to TT Shooter for another rework. All will attach to a factory Ruger receiver. Undecided on optics but as it's a beginner, I'm thinking Simmons.
Gotta get things in line for MY winter build too. Narrowed the receiver down to two (awaiting response from one manufacturer on theirs). The bbl I've got narrowed down as well but will proberbly go with another Whistle Pig since I've been VERY happy with my current one. It's more than accuarte for my purposes and looks great. 8) The trigger will very likely be a Kidd this time. Already have one with a Jard and a couple with TT's rework. Optics on mine might be Burris again but looking at another. If I can substantiate the cost for what I want visually, Ill go for it. ;)
In the meantime, I've got another stock here awaiting it's use. That one will need a silver receiver and will get a Green Mt Aero bbl. Might try a R/T trigger just to be different but also might mix it up on optics and go with a Redfield or Nikon. This one will be a plinker, so maybe something closer to Simmons. :?
Still have two other ideas I'd like to build up, one kinda for fun but the other is unlike any 10/22 I've ever seen. Gonna take some coordination of a few folks to get all the parts but it will be VERY cool if it comes together. 8)

hutchman

Blackhawk
Sounds like a good build. I just got my last winter's project done, but no pictures yet and I bought a DSP for a superstock type project. The 10/22 is a blast to build and fairly inexpensive............sometimes!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Went through this stage a couple yrs back and built up some. Mild to $$$ they ranged. It's fun, fairly inexpensive if you want it to be and rather than just putting a bunch of parts together, I want to kinda theme 'em in a way. Everyone builds 'em so I figured make 'em different than the rest. :)

Buckshot Bill

Bearcat
Blackhawk, I'd sure like to see some pics of those two when you get all done. Good luck, hope everything comes together for you. Buckshot Bill

APEXDUCK

Single-Sixer
Blackhawk,

Take a look at the Mueller line of scopes for an alternative for your builds. I have one on my 77/22 and one on my 10/22 build and love them for the $$. Mueller APV is a nice option for a scope under $150 . Here is my 10/22 build with the Mueller scope, Dednutz mount and a Green Mtn Aero barrel.

10-22angle.jpg

10/22 are fun to build and easy too.

APEXDUCK

bhappycattle

Bearcat
I am starting a build the coming month. I am going with a E.R. Shaw blued helical fluted bull barrel and a Hogue Guille tan Rubber stock. Probably put a tactical solutions extended mag release on it as well. I have had good luck with the DNZ (Dednutz) scope mounts, so that is probably the direction I am going to go, along with a Simmons Pro-Sport scope or something along those lines.

9x19

Hunter
My most recent build started with a Black 10/22 Carbine receiver with a CPC bolt and trigger group.

I mated those to a Nordic AR chassis, then fitted it with a six-position collapsible stock, Hogue grip, and a DPMS free-floating carbine fore-end.

Next I added a 16 1/4" Magnum Research .17 HM2 graphite barrel and heavy bolt handle, with a Volquartsen comp (Stabilization Module) on the end.

It currently wears a Simmons 1.5x-5x 32mm Pro Hunter scope.

It's my high speed, low drag Mach 2 "Tacti-Cool"! :D

1022NR17.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Got the Whistle Pig bbl ordered and ordered a new Tactical Innovations CH22 receiver last night that'll will probably go for my son's build. If the bbl turns out as I imagine it will, I'll order another similar one for another I'm building. Looking at maybe a X-Ring receiver for that one. For my son's, I'm thinking I'll go with a Simmons as it's just a plinker and I've had very good luck with their stuff, Might jump to one of the new Redfields though. Mine will get a Leupold with a different look to it. ;)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Time flies! Been 2 months but the barrel is enroute. :) Hoping this turns out as I hope. regardless, I know there'll be a really happy 8yo here in a few days when it arrives. Gotta order the scope and hopefully have it all arrive within a day or tow of each other.

hutchman

Blackhawk
Can't wait to see it! You wouldn't happen to have a Boyd's Barracuda laying around do you? I am looking for one to cut down for a thumb hole stocked Charger.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I do have a Barracuda - a blue/black laminate one. Got it a while back after a loong wait. That one is mine and will eventually get completed. A Kidd trigger and Whistle Pig bbl will find home in that stock. Not sure which receiver I'll use on that one yet; maybe an X-Ring.

hutchman

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73":538h2sit said:
I do have a Barracuda - a blue/black laminate one. Got it a while back after a loong wait. That one is mine and will eventually get completed. A Kidd trigger and Whistle Pig bbl will find home in that stock. Not sure which receiver I'll use on that one yet; maybe an X-Ring.

They had 'em on sale 3 or 4 weeks ago for $75! :shock: :shock:

And I missed it..........

Latest posts