Winchester Brand Break Free CLP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Anybody know if this is the same old Break Free CLP as the stuff before it went under the Winchester Brand? The Winchester Brand in the black can is all I can find in Walmart. The original Break Free is a great product and I hope they didn't change the formula when they put it under the Winchester brand. Thanks for your help.
HS

pvoltmer

Bearcat
I use it. Seems to be the same stuff. Dad has a bottle of the old stuff and i have the new, and it seems to be the same as far as looks, smells, and cleaning power. Works good, nonetheless.

Vecco

Single-Sixer
Just watch the cans; the small one is CLP the bigger one is simply gun cleaner. Not 100% sure on the difference, but if they took the time to make the labels different, they did it for a reason.

pvoltmer

Bearcat
Vecco":1e1ht1b4 said:
Just watch the cans; the small one is CLP the bigger one is simply gun cleaner. Not 100% sure on the difference, but if they took the time to make the labels different, they did it for a reason.

The big can is mainly cleaner, while the little can is more for the lubrication. If you read on the big can it says that its used to remove the marks from shotgun shells so its really potent stuff and may be harmful to some plastics. Just watch what ya spray it on, or spray it on a rag and wipe what you are going to wipe to reduce the risk. I accidentally got it on some plastic and it made it a brighter color, like put a white film on it, but used some regular gun cleaner (the regular break free) and it took it back to its original condition.