Will the PC carbines ever be made again?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

onesureshot

Bearcat
I know over the years Ruger has discontinued, the brought back certain models. Do you think there is a chance the PCs will ever come back?

I had a 9mm years ago and like so many other firearms I have foolishly sold off to buy something new, it found a new home.

Coming full circle, I would really like to get another one, but availability and prices make that harder than it used to be.

I used the "Tell the CEO" feature on the Ruger website to suggest a come back, and even suggested molding in an accessory rail for lights / lasers. I remember a lot of people wishing for a .45 ACP version, too. If they could bring them back and tweak the magazine system to accept the 17rd SR9 mags, I bet they would sell more of them.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
I doubt it. They were aimed at the police market, and that market has been militarized since 9/11. Agencies are buying AR clones or even M16s today.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
With the SR223 in the line-up now, the PC models would be even more overshadowed than before. Nice design and all but it just didn't get the marketing to get it seen by the masses and with the AR design as it is... People just didn't see the PC models as "cool", "tough" or, most importantly, "tactical". Just a 10/22 that grew up. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath to see them cataloged again. However, why not go used if having one is so important?

Knuckles

Buckeye
Post subject: Will the PC carbines ever be made again?

I sure hope so... I'd even take some more lever gun variations.

Rat76

Single-Sixer
JNewell":edk6ig63 said:
I doubt it. They were aimed at the police market, and that market has been militarized since 9/11. Agencies are buying AR clones or even M16s today.

Actually a decade or so before that.

I too would like to see the PCs come back. A PC45? I'd pay good money for one of those. :wink: