Will the Kel-Tec belt clip thing fit the Ruger LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MisterB

Bearcat
I just bought an LCP. I should receive it at my FFL next week.

Has anyone been able to confirm as to whether or not the Kel-Tec belt clip will fit the LCP? It sure seems like it would, but I don't want to buy it and fiddle with it if someone knows that it doesn't fit.

KTCLIPBLUED.jpg

KelTecP32.jpg

cagedodger

Bearcat
364L.jpg

p3AT_02.jpg

KelTecP32.jpg

KTCLIPBLUED.jpg

Looking at the photos, it looks like the frame has a slightly different shape at the point the clip attaches. This may be so slight as to not matter. They both have the pin or screw to attach to but it isn't in the same spot relative to the curve. Maybe Ruger will take a hint and make one to fit the LCP. My guess is it won't fit, at least without some modification to the clip.

Cage

mekender

Single-Sixer
someone else on this forum said that it didnt fit about 2 weeks ago... if i recall correctly

MisterB

Bearcat
I think you guys are right. It's very similar, but just enough different that it is't going to work.

I hope Ruger is listening. These could probably be made for less than a buck, and sold for $20 or more to a very large audience.

jhrgr

Bearcat
I just got an LCP and I have a KT with the clip, here are my findings,
the pin measured out the same so it will work, the tabs that position
the clip on the frame would need to be adjusted some to work.
I'm going to pick up a blued clip and give it a try...

cagedodger

Bearcat
jhrgr":3un8ec5p said:
I just got an LCP and I have a KT with the clip, here are my findings,
the pin measured out the same so it will work, the tabs that position
the clip on the frame would need to be adjusted some to work.
I'm going to pick up a blued clip and give it a try...

If you want to go that route, I would think repositioning the hole would be easier. Of course, it has to be off far enough that the new hole doesn't touch the old one. JMO

Cage 8)

MNWOG

Bearcat
Go to www.clipdraw.com. Pick the universal clip for semi-autos. It is attached with an adhesive strip and they send spares so you can move it to another weapon, if you want. I have one, have positioned it on my P3AT, (which has the KT clip), and intend to mount it if and when my lcp comes.

Robalubious

Bearcat
I get so much info from this and many other forums. Time to give back.

I installed my P3at belt clip on my new LCP last night.

Not a perfect fit where the clip would typically follow around the top and the rear of the handgrip.

Sticks out a very tiny amount but bolted right on. I plan on taking a soft mallet to it tonight for a little better flush fit.

But overall YES it works well. In my wb as I type.

Rat76

Single-Sixer
Robalubious":2w5mqg2i said:
I get so much info from this and many other forums. Time to give back.

I installed my P3at belt clip on my new LCP last night.

Not a perfect fit where the clip would typically follow around the top and the rear of the handgrip.

Sticks out a very tiny amount but bolted right on. I plan on taking a soft mallet to it tonight for a little better flush fit.

Make sure you take it off the pistol before you start tapping on it. The clip is spring steel & very hard. You wouldn't want to mess up the gun. :wink:

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
Robalubious":fbpmlhki said:

Pictures please.....

Robalubious

Bearcat
Well...........

Fits alright BUT...

Not the clip, the top of the post that goes through the gun that holds the

clip will mess your

hand up and I cant see an easy fix at all.

Gun shot GREAT!! W A Y more accurate than my P3AT.

Snappy! NO FTF, NO FTE AT ALL >Blazers< 150 rds but messed up,

bleeding hand. I LOVE this gun but need a good belt-clip ASAP.

Clipdraw?

hmmmm.. do I buy the Rohrbaugh???

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
Robalubious":25s022ui said:
Well...........

Fits alright BUT...

Not the clip, the top of the post that goes through the gun that holds the

clip will mess your

hand up and I cant see an easy fix at all.

Gun shot GREAT!! W A Y more accurate than my P3AT.

Snappy! NO FTF, NO FTE AT ALL >Blazers< 150 rds but messed up,

bleeding hand. I LOVE this gun but need a good belt-clip ASAP.

Clipdraw?

hmmmm.. do I buy the Rohrbaugh???
Why not buy a pocket holster??? Mine works well with whatever I'm wearing, including gym shorts.....

Robalubious

Bearcat
Vanity.

explanation ..

wear VERY THIN wallet in front right. Whenyou have a thick anything it looks bad. ask a girl.

I love carrying my p3at right rear fender. cant feel it at all. I can feel the LCP but just barely.

So.... Vanity

Rat76

Single-Sixer
Don't have the LCP but I do have the P3 with a belt clip. FWIW I have mixed feelings on the clip. I don't particularly like to carry it IWB with the clip. It's so light it rides up & out sometimes (with a heavier pistol no problem). When pocket carrying the clip increases the width. When the clip works best is when I clip the pistol in the top of my boot.

IF I had both the LCP (without clip) & the P3 (with clip) I'd use the lcp for pocket carry (there are some thin holsters out there) & the P3 for those times when the clip was a good option.

Now this hasn't been enough of a problem to drive me into two mouse guns.

I did pick up a second rat gun last weekend tho. ("Ratgun" definition -- A ratgun is a small semi-auto gun, almost pocket-sized, that chambers a round more powerful than a 9mm.) http://www.mouseguns.com/ratguns/ratguns.htm

How could I not. :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

It may fit, but the clip on my Kel-Tec sprung after 1 use. I took it off .

cphilip

Bearcat
I simply do not think a gun is being carried correctly or safely unless something is totally covering the trigger. But thats just me.

bham shooter

Bearcat
I have one on my LCP. Don't have any pics of it, but maybe at lunch I can snap a few with my phone and get them uploaded. You have to tweak the back end of it slightly. I just used needle-nose pliers with a small bit of a t-shirt on the nose to prevent it from scratching, and held it in place with normal pliers. Had to bend it just a bit, but once I got it just right, I popped it in there. I've carried it almost daily since then. The only time I haven't carried it was when I had on thicker winter clothes and was able to conceal my XD-SC just fine under a jacket. I've jogged with it as well. The clip is perfect for it after you make a slight bend to the back.