Will have to be defenseless for awhile

Help Support Ruger Forum:

First, Vito, I hope your son recovers and is ok.

But man, some of ya’ll are just hard on California. Has anyone from CA responded to this thread?

At least beentheredone in post #9 pointed out the better part of 4 million people go every day without being the victim of a violent crime.

We were just in San Diego a month ago. It’s very nice there. And of those 3.9 million people in LA, most are pretty nice as well.

Yes, you can throw statistics back and forth, but I’ve got $20 that says Vito makes it back to Illinois without even being verbally accosted. Any takers? No?….didn’t think so….

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
And for all of you that want to insult our previous president; NEVER FORGET he had to deal with democrats and rinos when trying to accomplish anything. He did have a great economy and was working on protecting our country with a WALL along the southern border; Same problems as mentioned above.

redhawker

Buckeye
But man, some of ya’ll are just hard on California. Has anyone from CA responded to this thread?
Yeah, here ya go in post #13. But all I did was advise Vito what the legality of carry in Commiefornia, which is it's completely illegal for a non-resident unless you happen to be an LEO but then I'd contact the local law enforcement agency where you're going to confirm it. If calling this place Commiefornia is "disparaging", oh well. I have my reasons and it doesn't have anything to do with personal safety or crime. Due to the Commiefornia government's communist policies my son, DIL, and two grandsons have moved 2400 miles away from us. So, do you think I'm PO'ed at this communist state? Darn tootin'. My wife and I are planning to follow some time after June so now I'm in effect being forced out of the home my wife and I bought and intended to live in until we died because of their stupid, likely unconstitutional policies.

Last edited:
Prayers sent for your son’s recovery. Remember Vito, if you need to defend yourself, you may be in a bad area. Pocket protector full of sharp pencils is comforting, Then your fingers jammed up someone’s nose will get them off you, as will using thumbs to remove eyeballs. As Kevin noted, you probably won’t need any of that.
gramps

Moparfreak

Bearcat
As a Kalifornian, this state has a bad reputation. Well deserved. The stupidity of the state and some counties officials is comical. Odds you don’t get bothered, pretty high, just based on numbers. But, where you go and when you go is paramount. You can carry pepper spray and a folding pocket knife ( isn’t that nice of them ). Gun on the property is correct also. Wasp spray is said to be effective on humans and accurate 😉