Will a 16" 10/22CRR barreled action drop in fit to a Ho

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
If I take the barreled action from a regular wood stock compact 10/22 with skinny 16" barrel, will it fit into a Hogue overmolded stock for the skinny 18.5" barrel? Seems to me when they shortened the barrel they would have removed the metal from the muzzle end of a 18.5 barrel, yes? I want some barrel support, no free float.

wolfee

Blackhawk
OK, thanks. I really like the dinky barrels for carrying a plinker rifle while hiking. But the length of pull is hopelessly short. The Hogue seems to be at least an inch longer and fits me pretty good.

LarryH

Single-Sixer
You could also get the standard carbine stock and drop it right in. The LOP would be longer and the regular carbine stocks can usually be found for 25 bucks or less. The Hogue is a good choice but you find lots of posts about the forearm not being stiff enough. Never had one but I do like the looks of them.

I put my Compact in a Deluxe Sporter stock. The Compact barrel has the same contours, in all the right places, as does a carbine barrel, or a Sporter barrel.

GEDC0102.jpg

And, as you can see, the barrel channel is quite adequate for the Compact barrel.

GEDC0107.jpg

WAYNO.

Latest posts