Why Ruger Forum, Why?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin said:
Ale-8(1):
Thanks, I usually access the forum on my phone and don't pay much attention to those things because of the screen size.

I'll be the first to admit that our old software does not present well on the comparatively small 'phone screens. It's one of the many things we hope to remedy by going to new software.

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I finished 3 pages of conversation! I have nothing to add. Going to the classifieds now, Merry Christmas! Overloadded

BlkHawk73

Hunter
My take... Members A, B, C D post an individual ads. Now Member E comes and posts a string of ads pushing the others to the second page which most rarely bother visiting, thus those don't get the exposure while Member E's gets all the exposure.
I do see that when one insists on a reason they only accept the reason when it's what THEY want to be given for the reason. Anything and everything else is discarded regardless of what the reasons may be. In the end, we're all guests here in someone else's house. If we don't like the rules of how they run their home... I've yet to find a forum where the exit door was locked.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Dan in MI said:
ndcowboy said:
I'm not a big fan of the word "fair." It is used way too much these days.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, but in this case the word fair is correct. It's not like anyone earned the right to post. It's freely given, so being courteous and letting everyone use it equally is fair. Or are you the kid that swiped the whole bowl of candy on Halloween when a generous person left the bowl out since they weren't going to be home?

And I don't want Scott to leave or quit posting either.

Clearly because I think the word "fair" gets overused is today's everybody needs a trophy society, I was a kid who stole candy during Halloween. Give me a break.

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
wolfsong said:
This thread strikes me as follows: someone welcomes you into his home and provides a free meal to you as part of his hospitality. One of the courses of that meal Is s nice, fresh salad with Ranch dressing and you want to know why he doesn't offer you bleu cheese dressing.
very true BUT if he's been getting his fresh salad with Ranch dressing for the last 12 years but now all he's offered is the blue cheese, he might want to know why the change

and as for his question being answered I don't think so ,until the person that made the change steps forward and gives a direct answer to his question , it hasn't been answered

what the rest of us think doesn't make two hoots worth of darn

Well, at the risk of belaboring the obvious I'll just suggest reading the revised rule thread that explicitly explains "why" it was implemented. Surprising that no one has referred to it directly so far.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=290324

Yes, I posted it, but the decision was made following a considerable discussion among the moderators following input from several members over a period of time, so it's not just an arbitrary thought. It is, in fact, THE RULE.

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Well, at the risk of belaboring the obvious I'll just suggest reading the revised rule thread that explicitly explains "why" it was implemented. Surprising that no one has referred to it directly so far.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=290324

Yes, I posted it, but the decision was made following a considerable discussion among the moderators following input from several members over a period of time, so it's not just an arbitrary thought. It is, in fact, THE RULE.

and so NOW the question has been answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts