Why Ruger Forum, Why?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.deerstalker

Hawkeye
So I took the time to read and try and understand the newest Ruger Forum Rule, the one where you can only have 3 ad,s per page. This seems to me as the dumbest thing ever for many reasons. First, and the most obvious, what was the issue that had to be fixed? Who,s complaining and what's really the "beef"?. To lazy to push the "Next" button, Jealousy of of heavy listers? And a few more rude one,s I'll leave out. Next up, why are we trying to fix something that don't seem broke? Is the owner / moderators seem quick to jump to every wim of a complaints? Say it and so. Tell me where I can send a few that might make a difference. This makes as much sense and a government program. Fix Somthing that is not broke, say you fix it, when really it's really only counter productive!

Example: we are limited to 3 ad,s now, so many of us will post Other on another Forum due to the ridiculous new rule. Well done, way to shoot your self in the foot "Oswald"

Jump in, comments welcome, send more complaints that really don't need fixing, makes the new Ruger Forum Bureaucrats happy, and that will make this a better place. Ridiculous.....Scott

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
My first question is did you join the forum as a sales location, or to get to know
people with (for the most part) interest in guns? I joined eleven years ago and
have yet to put anything up for sale.

mr.deerstalker

Hawkeye
both, if not more, lots of great guys on here with great information. availability of the product I / we like. Rugers. there is a great sense of comrodery here. and then that only one aspect of it. classified is another dog in it self. to answer your question and not get off topic. why fix something that's not broke. I'm only asking why? Scott

Is there some reason you are unwilling to list more than one item per ad? Several other people here do that regularly and sell their items. When one seller monopolizes half the first page with ads, a lot of other people’s ads get pushed to the second page where they’re less likely to be seen.

I have no dog in this fight-I seldom advertise any items for sale, and have bought from the OP in the past, but I can understand the reasoning behind the management’s request to consolidate ads.

We’re able to advertise here at no cost. Seems like there’s little enough asked of us in return.

Weaselmeatgravy is able to do it and he has some of the best ads on the forum, seems the OP needs to look in the mirror and realize that he is the only one who seems upset by the new rule, It is based on equity and I for one, applaud the management for doing it, they saw a problem and came up with a simple, fair solution and provided an example of how to do it.

To be able to go to one ad, and see all the items that WMG has for sale is advantageous to myself and him...

mr.deerstalker

Hawkeye
I agree with about all that been said, but a simple push of the button to "next" solved all the issues . there's obviously more to this, server plug up, soft upgrades, unwillingness to want to invest in upgrades. and yes that the the owners parogitive. then so be it. I'm still only asking why? Scott

vito

Hunter
Maybe I am in the minority, but I read comments on this thread because I had no idea what this was about. I've never bought or sold anything on the forum, nor even looked at the items for sale. I mostly just come to the Lounge, to the Carry subforum and the political and gun control forum.

bobski

Hunter
because, you are a guest of the owners. if the owner says do this, and you do that.....well, you aint helping your cause by waiting to hear what you want to hear and by calling those in authority bureaucrats.
just do what they ask and be like us. we obey rules.

john guedry

Single-Sixer
I have to agree with Vito on this , I have never bought or sold anything on this forum. Don't think I have ever looked at the classified section.

Snake45

Hawkeye
vito said:
Maybe I am in the minority, but I read comments on this thread because I had no idea what this was about. I've never bought or sold anything on the forum, nor even looked at the items for sale. I mostly just come to the Lounge, to the Carry subforum and the political and gun control forum.
I don't buy much, but I've bought several holsters and sets of grips from Happy and have been very pleased with all of them.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
I don't often buy anything here, but when I do, I like to read ads where the seller knows the difference between an apostrophe and a comma, to and too, and other stuff.
Merry Christmas :D

mr.deerstalker

Hawkeye
Bobski, no one here said not to follow the rules, it's a simple asking why, not in a negative way. It's only negative way if you want it be. My asking is a constructive way of seeing if there's unintended consequences not foreseen. Why was this rule added? Needed? When a simple "next" could solve all issues. Now, there could be great reason why, soft upgrades? Complainers empowered? Maderaters new found powers? It could be as simple as the owner said so? Its his Forum. He, s welcome to run it his way. We can and have to live with that. Again, I'm simply asking why. With no answer. Others then I don't use the classified. That's off topic and did not answer the underlying of why? Scott

When one seller monopolizes half the first page with ads, a lot of other people’s ads get pushed to the second page where they’re less likely to be seen.

I think arfmel has a pretty good explanation. I don’t really know, I do use the classifieds from time to time, but I can say I hardly ever browse past the first page.

powder smoke

Hawkeye
3 adds going on the FRONT PAGE is generous imo. Heck you can have multiple items in one add!
That allows more members to be on the FRONT page at once. Let's face it how many go to page 2?
Most have seen page two yesterday!

Dan in MI

Staff member
arfmel said:
When one seller monopolizes half the first page with ads, a lot of other people’s ads get pushed to the second page where they’re less likely to be seen.

bobski said:
I have over 100 items in one post.
I combine them.
this way I don't crowd, muscle, blanket, or control the whole page with ads.
I try to be courteous.

I cruise the classifieds daily in search of that golden nugget I have always wanted. These two quotes give the answer I feel is most appropriate. You aren't being singled out. There are quite a few guys that fill the front page. It's not fair to the guys that only sell every now and then. It's also not that big a deal to combine your ads. Almost as easy as clicking next.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I'm not a big fan of the word "fair." It is used way too much these days.

I've purchased from Mr. Deerstalker before and enjoyed a great transaction. I enjoy the couple times a year when I see he's got ten or twelve new ads posted. I click on them all. I certainly hope this doesn't make you take your stuff elsewhere to post for sale.

powder smoke

Hawkeye
I hope Mr Deerstalker does not leave either he has lots of good stuff! There is only so much space it needs to be shared! 3 Adds seems reasonable to me! jmo. ps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts