Why me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Why does it have to happen like this?
Out taking care of some errands today and went by the music shop to pick up some necessities for the Martin D-28. Checked a few pawn shops for other left hand guitars and OM Ruger single actions. Promised my wife I wouldn't buy another gun or guitar until AFTER our vacation in October.
Almost never see OM's around here but found a no-rust 5 1/2" .357 early 70's for $355 otd that would be perfect for a conversion to .44spc. I have a nice old Flattop .44 bbl. that I bought 4 or 5 years ago just for this purpose.
Went on down to another music store and saw a drednaught left hand that had a decent sound and would be perfect for hauling back and forth if I decide I want to take a few lessons and can leave the D-28 at home and not bang it around and in and out of bad weather.
Knowing full well both of these finds will be gone when we get back 1st of November :cry:
If it weren't for bad luck...........well no, not really. I do have a very nice guitar and several very nice OM's AND we are going to East Tennessee for vacation!!! :lol: (I kinda wanted to go to West Virginia, but wife didn't)
edit: what was I thinking?correction made. Was not a NM cyl, however there was more of a gap behind the cyl than on my other OM .357's. Cyl was tight. Action smooth. No pits, would take a re-blue beautifully.

hmmmmmm......said no to buying guns before vacation....didn't say I wouldn't put one on lay-a-way! :twisted:

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
Colonel Daddy":2edw14b4 said:
hmmmmmm......said no to buying guns before vacation....didn't say I wouldn't put one on lay-a-way! :twisted:

It would be a far greater tragedy to pass up on that opportunity.
Lay-a-way sounds like a perfect solution in an imperfect world in this case!

Col Daddy, all depends if YOU want to "sing to it or kill it...." :roll:

Would have to think about that one, when we are both up there" on the porch.....watching them BIG dogs run." 8)

deac45

Single-Sixer
I feel your pain, CD! I have the hardest time getting the gun and the money to meet me at the shop at the same time.

deac45

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
Colonel Daddy, come on up to WV, we would love to have you and your wife! :)

Easy Ed

Single-Sixer
Col Daddy. My lady and I are leaving Friday for Virginia. Then down the Blue Ridge to Gattlinburg. Then home. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ed

41 nut

Bearcat
found a no-rust 5 1/2" .357 early 70's . If it is in fact a 5 1/12" barrel the barrel has been cut as .357s were only made with 4 5/8" or 6 1/2" barrels.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Colonel Daddy":33l8zy4z said:
Was not a NM cyl, however there was more of a gap behind the cyl than on my other OM .357's.

The only NM cylinder that could possibly fit in a OM .357 would be from the 50th Anniv. .357 Blackhawk. The other NM cylinders are designed for the "large" cylinder frame. Maybe it was some "custom" job of some sort.....

:?:

flatgate