Why is your gun sitting in the window?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
My sister in law stopped in this morning and noticed my Glock 34 MOS in the window of the sun room. She's not what you'd call a gun person and was curious about why it was in the window. She knew it was some kind of pistol, but that's all.

Me: "Charging the battery."
Sis: (raised eyebrows) "I didn't know guns had batteries!"
Me: "This one does for the sight. Has a solar panel to charge it up."
Sis: (more raised eyebrows) "Wow! Can I see it?"
Me: "Sure". And launched into a rather lengthy discussion about the gun and Holosun SCS.

My sister in law stopped in this morning and noticed my Glock 34 MOS in the window of the sun room. She's not what you'd call a gun person and was curious about why it was in the window. She knew it was some kind of pistol, but that's all.

Me: "Charging the battery."
Sis: (raised eyebrows) "I didn't know guns had batteries!"
Me: "This one does for the sight. Has a solar panel to charge it up."
Sis: (more raised eyebrows) "Wow! Can I see it?"
Me: "Sure". And launched into a rather lengthy discussion about the gun and Holosun SCS.
Nice. I didn't know there were solar chargers on any of their sight systems. I had to look it up just now.

Should have said, "just letting it warm up in the sun......"

I just realized I need a new kidex type holster and left handed at that.... wife switched our TV watching chairs and there is a small open in the back bookcase between us and I have one of my Sig P239s in a holster clipped to the back side of it... but now it is on her side.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Nice. I didn't know there were solar chargers on any of their sight systems. I had to look it up just now.
They ain't cheap and I had to think about it for while, but I'm glad I bought it. Much better than the CT I had on the gun prior. Love the reticles you can change with a push of the button. Bright, sharp, always on unless you manually switch it off. I think they are making them with other footprints now to fit other makes & models that have a optics cut so you don't need an adapter plate.

Last edited:

harley08

Single-Sixer
Should have said, "just letting it warm up in the sun......"

I just realized I need a new kidex type holster and left handed at that.... wife switched our TV watching chairs and there is a small open in the back bookcase between us and I have one of my Sig P239s in a holster clipped to the back side of it... but now it is on her side.
Just buy another gun for the empty space.