Why hasn't Ruger made MK 22/45 lite colored lowers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Different colored uppers have been around on all the current and previous versions, but all with the black polymer. Most/all the centerfire models come in a variety of polymer colors . Why not the 22/45 lite?

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
recumbent said:
Good question to ask Ruger.

Good idea, as nobody here has the answer. Which variation of colors should they provide? I've had good luck applying "Duracoat", and it has held up very well. "CeraCoat" might be another choice, and some will even use the wife's oven to bake the finish on:

AvPPZMcl.jpg

JStacy

Blackhawk
Ruger made a 22/45 with a sky blue grip frame in their MK III line at one time. I have an OD green on my blue grip frame which I color desert sand and if it scratched or rubs off I just clean up the area with lacquer thinner and recoat it. I use a dupont product that is supposed to stick to plastic , but it does not stick that well.

barrett93

Single-Sixer
I've got this Mark IV Lite that has a colored grip frame. I realize it's not a 22/45 like you are talking about but it's the closest thing I have found. These were a special Davidson's run a year or two ago. They were the first Lite uppers that I had seen installed on a standard Mark style grip frame. I much prefer this over the 22/45's that I have owned.

IMG-7945.jpg