Whoopeee!! We're all gonna die!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kind of like about 25 years ago when I flew into New Orleans and the cab driver taking me into town was bragging and laughing about how the city was actually below sea level and one day there would be "the big one". That ring of fire around the Pacific Ocean is actually real.... it was a long time ago but just realize the last time Yellow Stone went off it left a hole in the ground the size of Rhode Island. We humans have not lived on this planet long enough to actually grasp the power of nature.

Star43

Buckeye
I tried to tell everyone that if you do not get a Double Stack, you are a dead man walking.
And as you well know, they are all dead. There might be a few survivors left on this forum, but their days are numbered.
One can always ask the local "weatherman" as they are always right.....every day.....

Star43

Buckeye
It doesn't really matter. All of us will die anyway.
Well one can't argue that, but can't think like that. We have to "think happy". We have to, or if we think of all that is wrong with the world, all the time, that alone is enough to do us all in. Actually it isn't really thinking "happy". We just need to keep balanced I guess. A good way is to look forward to the next time we go shooting !! 😊

Well one can't argue that, but can't think like that. We have to "think happy". We have to, or if we think of all that is wrong with the world, all the time, that alone is enough to do us all in. Actually it isn't really thinking "happy". We just need to keep balanced I guess. A good way is to look forward to the next time we go shooting !! 😊
That there is the most touchy feely thing I've seen here in a bit.

Star43

Buckeye
I'm from the last "suck it up and move on generation". I don't need "happy thoughts" puppies or warm blankets to deal with the world. A really good dose of reality is what many need today. And it's coming.
It's not just coming......It comes every day. I can only speak for myself, but what I have had to deal with professionally for many, many years is "dealing with a dose of realty" every frickin day. Yes, you are correct that people have to suck it up. In reality, you either suck it up or you die. Warm blankets and puppies are not going to work. We both agree with that. But I think we do need a type of balance and stay optimistic that maybe tomorrow will be better, or at least, not more or worse than might have happened today. In other words, let's look forward to the next time we go shooting and hitting that target square on!! 👍

el caminero

Blackhawk
For the ex-pat Californiios!!!!!

As a kid in cali, the joke was everything east of us would slide into the atlantic, and we would be an island just like the chinese and spanish maps showed we were.

Paul B

Hunter
It's a funny thing how what may scare me is nothing to someone else. Personally, earthquakes scare the crap out of me, especially bigger ones. On the other hand, thunderstorms don't bother me much and I can sleep through one. I have a half sister that has nothing to do with me. Frankly, we both prefer it that way. Sje thinks most quakes are kind of fun but thunderstorms terrify her. The last earthquake I remember being in was in IIRC, 1957 in San Francisco. First jolt was a quick rising of the ground and an even faster drop. Everyone got out of the building as it was ver old, probably built right after the 1906 quake. Layer that night I was at my current (1957) girl friend's home and looking down the hallway I could se it wriggling like a snake on the move. The next day while at home we had a series of aftershocks and looking out window I could see the ground moving like swells on the ocean. Most of San Francisco is built on sand and what I saw was explained to me was caller sand waves. So, I really do not like earthquakes. I can sit and watch a good thunderstom just about anytime there is one. Maybe it's because I got paid for 33 years to do just that. Ya think?????
Paul B.

Star43

Buckeye
As a kid in cali, the joke was everything east of us would slide into the atlantic, and we would be an island just like the chinese and spanish maps showed we were.
I always thought CA was supposed to fall off? I guess it comes down to what side you are looking at it from !!?? I myself would like to stay on the dry land part......🙂🙂

BearBiologist

Hunter
West Los Angeles Post Office had a mural:

1717954938681.png

Hard to read but the freeway sign says "Blythe next exit" - Blyth is the last town in California along the Colorado River (border of AZ and CA)

Latest posts