Who will rechamber SBH cyl to 45?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tek4260

Buckeye
I bought all the parts for a SBH off of Gunbroker to get the GF. All the parts are there including the cylinder. If I fit the cylinder to one of my 45's, is there a smith who will just rechamber the cylinder to 45? Or is there a reamer made to do this that I can purchase? I guess it would have to have 2 pilots, one to guide on the 44 cylinder, and one to guide on the 44 throats. I also bought an OM Super. Is there anyone recommended to simply rechamber/rebarrel to 45 without getting into the $2K custom realm?

REP1954

Blackhawk
A little while back I had Alan Harton rechamber a 357 Magnum cylinder to 45 ACP. He rechambered it and reblued it and shipped it back for $165.00.
Not sure what the barrel work would cost but I'm sure it would be very reasonable.

tek4260

Buckeye
REP1954":abscuq4u said:
A little while back I had Alan Harton rechamber a 357 Magnum cylinder to 45 ACP. He rechambered it and reblued it and shipped it back for $165.00.
Not sure what the barrel work would cost but I'm sure it would be very reasonable.

My friend got your NM 45 conversion. Very nice.

I may check with him on the NM SBH cylinder. I can handle checking the fit and timing on the simple cylinder swap.