Who remembers the Ruger REBATES from yesteryear ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
I remember many years ago ... probably in the early to mid 80's when Ruger was giving rebates on their guns.

I bought my first GP100 for $279 with a $50 rebate, and a 44 magnum Super Redhawk for $379 with a $75 rebate. Best NEW gun deals ever at the time.

Anybody else remember the rebates ????

REV

tulsamal

Blackhawk
They were doing that at a later date as well. I know because I sold my Steyr AUG in 1991 and used the money to buy more guns. One of which was a 9.5" Ruger Super Redhawk and 2x Leupold scope. And there was a rebate!

Gregg

SamV

Blackhawk
I bought two P series models for a $40 rebate each about six?? years ago. Just to let you know how good Ruger was on those rebates, I have a story. I misplaced and forgot about one of the checks from Ruger. When I found it accidently many many months later, it had long expired. I called Ruger and someone in their office simply said "Honey is that check number xxxx?" Yes it is. "Sweetheart we will send you a replacement check today." Most companies would have said sorry, too bad. I was very impressed even though the error was mine.

contender

Ruger Guru
Pics??? Heck,, I'd have to dig into a bunch of paperwork to find all of them. Maybe if I get time later,,,! (I have a busy weekend working for the NRA.)

revhigh

Hawkeye
contender":25ln6aec said:
Pics??? Heck,, I'd have to dig into a bunch of paperwork to find all of them. Maybe if I get time later,,,! (I have a busy weekend working for the NRA.)

Actually I meant the guy with the poster on his gunroom wall ! :D

REV

ra

Single-Sixer
i have a P95 decocker stainless that I bought in the fall of 2001 that had a $40 mail in rebate. After the rebate my OTD price was $307. I had ordered a blue model and the gun store ordered a stainless model by mistake. He said he would send it back and order a blue model, so I asked for his best price and I bought the stainless one.

ra

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
Rev here is the pic. It is printed on a plastic and has metal gromits on the corners. The date in the bottom corner say 1990. I bought it a few years ago at a gunshow and just have it magneted to a couple of safes. Steve
DSC00355.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Thanks woodpile !!! Mine was even before that, but from what I remember, it looked similar to yours in the magazine ads !

REV

martyj

Blackhawk
There was a Ruger discount paper in that new Vaquero box I looked at yesterday. Not real sure what it was about since it wasn't my revolver I didn't want to pull everything out and look.

danjoe2006

Bearcat
well, it wasn't a cash rebate but late last year, if you bought certain ruger rifles, you could get a free carhartt jacket. short form to fill out and proof of purchase and you had a jacket. the jacket has RUGER printed on the right chest. nothing mickey mouse here, these are top shelf jackets.

revhigh

Hawkeye
T.A. WORKMAN":2edukcci said:
Rev,
Here you go, Its a little smaller than Ty's in case
you wanted to down load.
Terry

scan0003-1.jpg

Thanks Terry, mine was even before that I guess, because my rebate was $50 on the GP, and $75 on the SRH.

REV

rugeraficiando

Bearcat
My first gun purchase after acquiring my FFL was a Ruger GP100 6" SS.
Purchase price was $266.00 from local distributor. Had to sell it to my wife (of all things) to get the $30.00 rebate. Still married by the way and the GP is one of my favorite Rugers!
She asks to see her revolver every once in a while!! ;)

Latest posts