Who carries US firearms revolvers online?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jager01

Bearcat
I would like to view some online and possible get one. I saw that Davidsons has them anyone else? Thanks.

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Ten Ring Precision keeps a few in stock and can order whatever you want for a small deposit I believe. Ten Ring Precision is owned by Alex Hamilton (pistolsmith) in San Antonio, Texas.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Try Taylor's Trading Post in Biglerville, PA 17307 - 730 Upper Temple Road.
Scott's a good guy to deal with and is on Gunbroker under the name TTP. He usually has anything you want and if not can get it for you. Phone is (717) 677-8513

The Preacher

REP1954

Blackhawk
mhblaw":37y3mg3r said:
Factory also sells direct with shipment to your dealer.
I tried to order and pay for one online from USFA and then have it shipped through a FFL but they said I had to have a dealer do the ordering. Had to pay list price plus tax before it was done.

gak

Buckeye
Gary Granger at www.frontierclassicfirearms.com who also works for USFA --so not sure how that works, but a great guy. Gary knows what's in the pipe, and knows all the details about design and production, etc. PM me for a direct contact. Also the fine folks at Trail Creek Trade Company ( www.trailcreektrade.com ) -- great to work with. Nothing but good to say about either.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Well, REP 1954, I did order a Rodeo II from the factory, paid retail price with debit card, and was shipped to my dealer...but have determined that with a dealer order, will get a better price. As to Gary, I second the motion that he is a fine fellow to deal with. I am having some minor problems with a new 357 Mag. Shooting Master and sent an e mail to the USFA web site re same. Gary called the next day, we discussed the problem and he sent a FedEx label to ship the gun back. Have not done so yet, but I assume the problem will be fixed when I do.
Love my Rugers and my USFAs.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
If you are interested in a reasonable priced 45 Long Colt USFA
Premium Revolver Dome Blued 5-1/2Bbl. There is Numbers
stamped into the frame where the Hammer rests......making
it an older model.

It appears to be unshot, Cylinder holes no rings, inside Barrel
deeply blued yet. Who ever owned it just admired it.
The Front Sight looks scraped on it side, but other than that is a very
good decent Revolver. Lock up is like always, "like
a Vault".

I thought about it, maybe, I have other plans but who knows..

Stopped at my favorite haunt Gun Store, First Stop Gun & Coin
701 Main St, Rapid City, South Dakota, on the way home from
work the other day......

coyote

Single-Sixer
mhblaw":1kocv41n said:
... have determined that with a dealer order, will get a better price.....

not sure if true, but i've heard that USFA "kicks back" a fee to the receiving dealer when we order on-line (and pay) retail.

anyone know what percentage this might be on a single unit? i'd like to know so i can tell my FFL-holder buddy.

Montelores

Buckeye
mhblaw -

Do you mind sharing what the "minor" problem was on your Shooting Master?

Thank you, Monty

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Shooting some handloads (doesn't every serious handgunner "roll his own") I noticed that it was hard to cock for another shot. Upon closer examination it was obvious that the firing pin was piercing the primers. Blowback out of hammer hole in frame was noticed as well. Sent an e mail to USFA and Gary called to discuss the problem. Sent me a FedEx label to send gun back which I did last week.
Load was 15 grs. IMR-4227 behind a 158 gr. Hornaday JHP, CCI 550 primer. Load works fine in a S&W Mdl 19 (hammer mounted firing pin) and a Ruger NMBH (frame mounted firing pin.) We shall see. Instruction book from USFA does not prohibit handloads, only states that "Use of wrong, old, or re-loaded ammunition can bring your firearm OUT OF PROOF".

Montelores

Buckeye
Thank you for the explanation. Why was the revolver hard to cock for subsequent shots? Was the firing pin stuck in the primer?

If you don't mind, did USFA say that there might be a problem with the gun?

Thank you, and I hope all turns out well. Please let us know.

Monty

mhblaw

Blackhawk
The pierced primer extruded somewhat from the primer pocket and dragged on the frame as you tried to cock it. Gary discussed several possible causes, but suggested it be sent back to the factory, which I did last week.

Montelores

Buckeye
Thank you for the clarification. Again, please share the outcome, if you don't mind. I am very curious about the USFA revolvers.

Best,

Monty

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
Another option is Longhunter, a full-line USFA dealer and gunsmith who converts them to mostly coil springs insides rather than the normal flatsprings. He lists the Rodeo on his website but notes that he can do the same for the whole product line.

http://www.longhunt.com/

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
gak":2d73fxc0 said:
Gary Granger at www.frontierclassicfirearms.com who also works for USFA --so not sure how that works, but a great guy. Gary knows what's in the pipe, and knows all the details about design and production, etc. PM me for a direct contact. Also the fine folks at Trail Creek Trade Company ( www.trailcreektrade.com ) -- great to work with. Nothing but good to say about either.

+1 on Trail Creek Trade Co. I've dealt with Gary a couple of times and gotten 1st class treatment. Usually a pretty fair selection of USFA's.