Which would you buy? Update- it’s here, pic on page 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anxiously watching it inch it's way from FL to OR. Then I get to deal with our dysfunctional background check system. But good things come to those who wait…

Ethang

Blackhawk
a birth year is desirable for that reason, in that the one you mentioned is not then heck no. Take that beautiful 65...

chet15

Hawkeye
1965 hands down.
That purple color was the reason Ruger set probably 250 guns aside with the intention of chrome plating them. They never did chrome plate any of the fixed sight guns at that time, but there were probably 125 guns nickle plated in the adjustable sight Super Single-Six.... all made from the same chrome moly steel that made your gun purple.
Chet15

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I already have a '65 in the box so I'd pick the ugly messed up one. I would not pick my birth year myself as that would just barely be in the New Model era. I would not call that 1965 gun 99% though it is nice.

It is here! And believe it or not, even with Oregon's messed up background check system, it went right through and I have it in my hands.

This is the cleanest little gun I've ever seen. It has a better finish than ones I've bought new. There is no holster wear- none of the screws look like they have ever seen a screwdriver- the cylinder looks new- and the only signs of usage are a faint drag line on the cylinder and a slight shiny spot on one side of the hammer from rubbing the frame. Other than that- perfect. I'm in love. I'll take more and better pictures in the next few days.

I paid $500 and that was one of the best fivers I've spent.

IMG_7392.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, shucks. I was checking out my watch list on GB and saw that after an initial bidding flurry, no one had bid on a 1960 with box and paperwork. So just for fun I bid $5.00 above the current bid. And won. I'll have pics of it up in a week or so. I've got to cool my jets now…too much $$ going out the door. But- this ensures my Grandson will be getting his first real gun- my like-new Wrangler!
IMG_7396.jpeg

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
The 1965 gun looks VERY nice!!!!!!! Kudos!

And now,, you can get another one on the way to you. Just remember,, you can make more money,, and spend it wherever. But if you miss a gun,,,, you'll remember that for a VERY long time. Be glad you won the bidding.

Latest posts