Which one??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Well, I have been thinking and have decided to grab two new Ruger MK III pistol that are identical and will put away for my two boys for when they get older. I have the money now and decided now is as good as any to set them aside for their first rimfire pistols. I am buying a 5.5" barrel since it will be a cure all length and want a limited run item since thats just me when it comes to guns. I have narrowed the search down to following:

TALO 60th Anniversary Bull 5.5" Stainless
http://www.ruger.com/products/markII...ets/10137.html

or

TALO Fluted 5.5 Hunter Stainless
http://www.ruger.com/products/markII...ets/10125.html

That being said what do you guys think would make a better pistol to give?? JUST IN CASE should one of them not be interested in shooting ect I would most likely sell it so holding some value is of interest too. Thoughts and reasons??

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm sure both gun will be good shooters. Since your main decision seems to be which one to choose in case one of them decides to sell it in the future & it be worth the most money at that time.
I'd opt for the 60th anniv guns as they have a timeline & will only be available in limited numbers.

OmegaMan

Bearcat
Hello!

Of the two you listed, I'd go with the TALO edition. They are of limited run and usually have great grips you can't get anywhere else.

There is however, another option. I just picked up a "Lipsey's Special" Mark III. This edition has a Matte Black finish, 5.5" bull barrel, and special aluminum grips which feel fantastic.

pix82467125.jpg

If you can find one (possibly on gun auction sites or internet) they run about $420.00. I really love mine, and the two-tone affect just really looks great in person.

Here is a photo I found online of the one I got. I haven't had time to take my own pics yet.

What do you think?

- OmegaMan

Latest posts