which one??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
My wife who I love bought me a new Ruger American 308 for Valentines and I thought that would be it till our Anniversary in July or my birthday in September but I was wrong. She has surprised me with a choice of three guns for Easter, they are the Wrangler regular grip or the Wrangler birdshead grip or the N.A.A. mini with 2 inch barrel, magnum frame, two cylinders and holster clip grip. Which one would y'all pick?, to let everyone know I already have one wrangler with regular grip but another would be fine. Did I say I love my wife, she's the best. Thanks for any help.

Cholo

Staff member
N.A.A. mini with 2 inch barrel, magnum frame, two cylinders and holster clip grip.
Is there a package that comes with all of this? If so, nice! FWIW: I bought the 1 1/8" barrel because I thought it looked better than the 1 5/8". I now wish I'd have bought the longer one.

You already have a Wrangler so I'd get the NAA mini simply because you don't have one. They are a novelty item so I doubt it will get much use as time goes by. They are pretty cool, though! :)

I own 7 or 8 off the naa revolvers. But the black widow is about the only one I can hit anything with. Most of them keyhole or the bullets tumble. They may not do that with all brands of ammo. The black widow does not do that. I'm an old man and not much of a shot but one day I was shooting it off a bench at a 7 yard target and got all five of the 22lr rounds inside 1 inch. That was very good for me. They seem to be very good quality firearms.
20220408_054955.jpg

"I own 7 or 8 off the naa revolvers. But the black widow is about the only one I can hit anything with. Most of them keyhole or the bullets tumble. "
Well, there's a glaring statement of the questionable merits.

"I own 7 or 8 off the naa revolvers. But the black widow is about the only one I can hit anything with. Most of them keyhole or the bullets tumble. "
Well, there's a glaring statement of the questionable merits.
It could be that if you had to defend yourself up close, the round may do more damage if it did tumble, you think?

Agree that the Black Widow is the most accurate of the several NAA revolvers I have, as well. It keeps me from having to hunt for a rock when I encounter a rattler at a gate or around the yard at the ranch.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
I have a "thing" for birdshead revolvers, so I'd personally go for the Wrangler, but if you're looking for a pocket gun that you can load up with shotshells and use as venomous snake medicine, the NAA would be a nice choice. As mentioned, they are quite well-built but not terribly practical.