Which one of these holsters for my new SR9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Which holster is best for me?

• Holster 1 - Task Military - Nylon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holster 2 - American Pride - Leather

• Other Holster

• You don't need a holster!

• Total voters

cbumgar1

Bearcat
I can't copy the pictures from the sites so I have the links to each of the holsters I need help picking. I will only be using them when I carry my gun into the woods to shoot. I don't know much about holsters and I don't want my gun to be worn or scratched up by a holster so which holster would be best for me?

Holster 1 - TASK MILITARY - BALLISTIC NYLON - $25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Holster 2 - AMERICAN PRIDE - LEATHER - $28
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Or if you have another holster suggestion that is fine, but I don't want to spend more than $50 and like I said it is only to carry the gun into the woods once or twice a week to target shoot.

Thanks for any help![/b]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
For just OWB, I use a Fobus paddle holster. It works very well for me. Even took a spill in a training class and the gun stayed put. Both the gun and the holster have battle scars now. For IWB (concealed) I love the Supertuck.

I'm not too familiar with either of the ones you had listed above bit the leather one looks pretty good.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Yea, a Fobus isn't bad for general use... But it is pretty flimsy. IIRC the fobus isn't much less than the Serpa. May as well get the serpa.

cbumgar1

Bearcat
OK... only two posters and both say SERPA... looks like I'll be buying a SERPA CQC Black Holster in the morning. Thanks guys.

ConradM

Blackhawk
kscott":305vs67z said:
Yeah, I really can't complain about my serpa for OWB either. I really like it!!

It's pretty sturdy. Level 2 is nice also.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
I voted for the less expensive nylon holster because you said it was for taking your gun into the woods, & the nylon appears to offer better protection than the leather even though the leather looks nicer.

cbumgar1

Bearcat
I bought the SERPA online a little bit ago. I only have a couple choices of local dealers and one of those would be a pawn shop. Unfortunately both of the places have a very limited selection and their prices are outrageous.

SR-FAN

Bearcat
I have 3 holsters for my SR9's. A great gun IMO (I also have M&P, Sig, etc.), I really like the SR9!

Fobus paddle, Comp Tac IWB and Blackhawk Serpa belt holster.

By far my favorite is the Serpa. I can't get comfortable with the paddle holsters, I have too little room inside my WB for the CT IWB and the belt holster is always where I left it every time I reach for it.

I don't carry every day but shoot weekly in friendly competition. The Serpa is my first choice and all new holsters are belt models rather than paddle - personal preference I suppose.

Admittedly, the Serpa retention button adds an impediment to the draw and when I am at "Shooter Ready" I do disengage the gun and pull it 1/2" out of the holster.

ConradM

Blackhawk
SR-FAN":3mv153vm said:
I have 3 holsters for my SR9's. A great gun IMO (I also have M&P, Sig, etc.), I really like the SR9!

Fobus paddle, Comp Tac IWB and Blackhawk Serpa belt holster.

By far my favorite is the Serpa. I can't get comfortable with the paddle holsters, I have too little room inside my WB for the CT IWB and the belt holster is always where I left it every time I reach for it.

I don't carry every day but shoot weekly in friendly competition. The Serpa is my first choice and all new holsters are belt models rather than paddle - personal preference I suppose.

Admittedly, the Serpa retention button adds an impediment to the draw and when I am at "Shooter Ready" I do disengage the gun and pull it 1/2" out of the holster.

I bet with enough practice you could draw from locked as fast as you could otherwise.

Snookkatcher

Bearcat
Ditto's here on the Blackhawk Serpa CQC. < $45 out-the-door, ordered from Blackhawk ( thru whichever vendor...) by a local gunshop, and in-hand in three days. I carry my .45 Kimber 1911 in the same thing, and the security/retention is outstanding. With practice, the retention/release tab isn't even a thought...it's FAST....and it's EXACTLY where your trigger finger needs to be anyway. MUCH better built than the Fobus. It comes with the belt loop attachment, AND a paddle-back that swaps by taking out three screws/swap/three screws back in in less than 2 minutes.
For max. protection for the gun when self-defense from two-legged predators isn't the top priority, AKA I'm carrying a shotgun or rifle, the Uncle Mike's Sidekick nylon holster w/snap retention strap is a great deal at around $20 can't be beat. The one that fits a Glock 23 or 19 ( .40/9mm, 4" bbl. ) is a perfect fit.

ConradM

Blackhawk
sdoyl123":287utq87 said:
Serpa or Fobus. Can't go wrong.

You can go wrong with a Fobus IMO. It sticks out to far and someone could basically pull it right off you.

Latest posts