Which of these grips would look the best on my GP160?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Here are some photo's of some possible grip choices for my GP160. Which do you think would look the best on this gun?:

1)Stock Hogue rubber:
P1050621.jpg

2)Hogue wood:
P1050737.jpg

3)Rugger rubber with inserts:
P1050732.jpg

4)Solid wood duplicate of Ruger rubber with inserts:
P1050731.jpg

GKC

Blackhawk
Well, I probably shouldn't admit this, since I am new here, and lest I earn a (well-deserved) reputation as a simpleton, but as I was looking at grips 2, 3, and 4, I was thinking, "Those sure look bulky and uncomfortable with the extra width of the rubber sticking out of the wood. I didn't know they even made them like that." Then I realized that you had just laid the grips on top of the Hogue grips to take the pictures. :oops:

IMO, I like the Hogue grips (#1) the best, for looks as well as comfort and functionality, on a "working" gun. I like #4 on the basis of looks alone.

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
GKC,
Your not alone. I did a double take myself.

rugerrat,
If looks were the only standard, I'd also pick #4, but for a combo of looks and functionality the Hogues get my vote.

Don

B.Roberts

Single-Sixer
I think #4 looks the best. #3 looks almost as nice, and I love the way they feel and handle when shooting. My pick would be #3.

maxpress

Buckeye
i wil always go for the originals for fit form function and looks so i would have to say 3. oh and carryability which is tops in my book (hey if its at home in the safe it wont do you any good :roll: )

Snake45

Hawkeye
I tried Hogues on some of my Smiths and Colts back in the '80s. Didn't like them. Too thin, not attractive at all, didn't feel good to me, and I didn't like their proprietary mounting system. Went back to factory wood and have stayed with it to this day. I ought to dig those Hogues out and offer them for sale on the swap board here, as I don't see myself ever using them.

Tweek

Bearcat
I've never liked the skinny Hogues for the GP100. For me, the factory rubber w/wood insert is tough to beat for comfort, trigger reach, etc.

#3, or possibly #4

I kind of like the dark inserts for a blued gun like yours.