Which grips??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I just picked these up. Playing around with some spare grips I had laying around...

2697616950055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

2160905840055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Are those (the popular "top photo, bottom gun" grips) the new laminates? They look like it, and that's meant as a positive comment: I like them, too. I'd rather have nice looking laminate than boring, characterless solid wood. But even that is better than plastic.

I will say I'm drawn to the "gray laminate on stainless" look.

IMG_1175.jpg

-- Sam

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Yosemite Sam":22r8404n said:
Are those (the popular "top photo, bottom gun" grips) the new laminates? They look like it, and that's meant as a positive comment: I like them, too. I'd rather have nice looking laminate than boring, characterless solid wood. But even that is better than plastic.

I will say I'm drawn to the "gray laminate on stainless" look.

-- Sam

Yep, those are the new laminates. I like the new ones best myself.

At least one of those two Bisleys will have a pair of custom stocks before it's over.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Ken, I've nothing to sale at the moment - I'm in accumulation mode. :D

Unfortunately, I sold off some of my Rugers in the post election "he's gonna ban everything" frenzy to buy more "evil baby killing assault weapons". I did it thinking I could always replace a Ruger. :roll:

That turned out to be a mistake as I sold some that I am finding hard to replace. :(

c.r.

Single-Sixer
i really like the way Ruger's laminate grips look. on blue, i like the reddish ones. On stainless, I like the looks of the gray laminates.

however, laminates feel a bit too slick to me, i have replaced them with plain old wood. So if that was my gun, i'd choose the 3rd one in the pic by itself.

~c.r.

az6gun

Bearcat
Kraig, Two of them? I would have worked something out on that 41 for sure, thats just what the funds are for!

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
az6gun":13k7lidv said:
Kraig, Two of them? I would have worked something out on that 41 for sure, thats just what the funds are for!

Well that sucks!!! I have one 5.5" and ended up with two of the 4 5/8"ers by mistake. I definitely would have been interested in working a trade for your 41. As it is, I have been kicking myself for not closing that deal. :cry: