Which Glock mags for my PC Carbine?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnr283

Bearcat
I'm picking up a PC Carbine in a few days. I read it takes magazines from a Glock 17, 18, 19, 26 and 34. Does it matter which one I get in 10rd? What is the difference? I don't own a Glock; I don't like them.

No, the difference is you listed guns with different mag capacity. If you don't want to buy a Glock mag, Pmag makes a 17 rounder. Not sure if they make 10s. You can look that up. You could even go to Glock web site and see the different models you listed.

instructor

Single-Sixer
Have found that the Ruger PC carbine likes the Glock magazines, mine happens to be a model 19X and range from 17 to 32 rounds capacity. Reason Ruger smartly made the carbine able to accept Glock magazines is simply due to overwhelming popularity of Glock handguns, generally considered the best handgun offered too the marketplace.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Mine worked great with any Glock mag, OEM or not. If you're stuck with 10 rounders, get the Glock 26 mags so you don't have a bunch of empty space protruding out of the gun. I think somebody also makes a baseplate so you can fix two of them together.

You don't HAVE to use Glock magazines as it comes preinstalled with the magazine well that uses SR9 or Security 9 magazines and you actually get a Security 9 magazine with it. In the box will be the Glock magazine well that you can swap out if you want to use Glock magazines.

If you decide to use Glock magazines, the manual will tell you how to remove the Ruger magazine well and install the Glock magazine well.

GLOCK mags are showing up from all sorts of makers and not all are true size. My AR9 PDW(s) use GLOCK mags and I too, don't own a GLOCK. I tried several brands and did a LOT of sanding on some to make them fit. Some still don't fit or lock into one of the 'magwell adaptors' I'm using. This will be remedied when I finish the true 9mm lowers I have waiting in line.
My advice: try one before you buy 10.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
RoninPA said:
You don't HAVE to use Glock magazines as it comes preinstalled with the magazine well that uses SR9 or Security 9 magazines and you actually get a Security 9 magazine with it. In the box will be the Glock magazine well that you can swap out if you want to use Glock magazines.

If you decide to use Glock magazines, the manual will tell you how to remove the Ruger magazine well and install the Glock magazine well.

There are videos on YouTube on changing the magwell=basicall, lock bolt back, release barrel and housing (one button) and twist. Unscrew upper and press one button. Drop in new magwell and re-assemble. Took me less than 5 minutes, the first time.

If push comes to shove, more agencies use Glocks, I imagine!

I have some Glocks and have come to prefer Glock supplied OEM mags. Unless they get damaged from being kicked or stepped on they seem
to always work.
Now if I could just get a Glock 18 to go with the 33 round mags...........

Acorn

Buckeye
I have a PC in gun jail now that only has the Ruger mag with it. I am going to swap out the insert to the Glock once I get it. Anyone use the Korean KCI mags?

hittman

Staff member
YES on KCI mags! They are the only off-brand Glock mags I have and function perfectly in the PC Carbine and G17.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
BTW: Washington State is getting ready to outlaw large capacity mags==supposedly, those in possession will be "grandfathered". I just ordered a 50-rnd. drum and got 2 more 30 rnd. for my wife's PC 9.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I prefer shorter mags in the Ruger PC. I do not need 33 rds,(i own one) since the apocalypses is not on the horizon. I like the short mags because it makes the carbine easier to maneuver, handle, bench etc. The 17's work just fine OEM or Magpul. I had a "drum" magazine for my AK back when I was still "dumb" and impressed about such things. It was heavy, unwieldly, difficult to maneuver with,use with barricades, cover & took forever to reload. Sold it! Best thing I ever did. I use only 20 rd Mags either Hungarian, Yugo (hard to get) or magpul for the same reason I refer shorter ones in the Ruger PC. I have some 30 rd originals but rarely use one. If you think you need one you really need to ask yourself why and be honest. Expecting the world to collapse? When? Why? just MHO!

Latest posts