Which company do you buy your cast handgun bullets from?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I get my cast bullets from; "T's melt it & burn myself" self help cast store! :D

Sorry Ken, I couldn't resist.

You have some good recommendations above. I'll add that if you seek a PC coated bullet,, you may want to look at "The Blue Bullets" company. While their line is more geared towards competition shooters,, they offer a top quality product.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
The Bull Shop in Dell, MT turns out some good boolits. He even pours a 600 grain RN for the 505 Gibbs.

Cholo

Staff member
Their prices aren't bad for coated bullets, Tyrone.

Thanks, all! I bought 700 of the Rim Rock 170 gr. Keith FB SWC's I linked to in my OP. Normally I'd have doubled it, but I learned my lesson about buying too many from a new source before trying our a smaller batch.

irishjack

Bearcat
I recently bought some coated 115 gr. 30 Cal. bullets for M-1 Carbine reloading from Bayou Bullets. These worked fine and also worked for some 7.62 Tokarev loads. Price was reasonable .

Cholo

Staff member
↑ I'd never heard about coated bullets before and someone here mentioned Bayou Bullets back in 2012 that were green. I couldn't remember who the company was until you posted it. (y)

I've most recently used Missouri Bullet Co. not had a problem with any of their calibers, 357 44 or 45.

.430 Hammer
44_hammer.jpg

This works well in 357 mag / max 180gr

ht_357pugnose.jpg

Last edited:
blast from the past , I still have and use many,many from National Bullet Co was over here in Eastlake,Ohio where we had our 2 nd shop, in the 1980s then they too went out of business after the "brains" and head worker of the company passed away........will last me until ???????:cool::rolleyes:

oldcrab

Bearcat
Another fan of Missouri Bullets here.

Good products at a very fair price from a Company who believes in great customer service….

I'll stay with them as long as they keep their current corporate-culture.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
Off the top of my head, I've used cast bullets from Bayou Bullets, Berry's, RimRock, Ozark Trails, LeadHead, local small time "commercial cast" ... but the last 4-5 years I've been very pleased with GT Bullets for the 30-30, 38/357 and 44 mag/spl needs and X-Treme plated for the 9mm and 45 acp needs.

There's probably been 2-3 others that I can't remember .... and I've only been re-loading for 12 years.

jd

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I mostly cast my own. Have over 100 molds on the shelf. When loading for my grandsons 9mm's, I bought from a caster and powder coater just down the street from me. He only produces 9mm, .40, .357/.38, and .45 ACP. My guess is he mostly supplies the combat competition crowd.

I bought a few hundred of the 9mm and .40 because I didn't have any on the shelf.
Holy cow that is a lot of moulds!

375supermag

Blackhawk
Check out Kings Shooters Supply in King of Prussia,Pa.
I have bought thousands and thousands of their bullets over the years.
Shop is about an hour and a half from my house...makes a nice day trip for my son and I on a Saturday. Breakfast and lunch out and check out 2,3 or maybe 4 more gun shops during the drive.

Latest posts