Whew!-It(10/22 Magnum) finally got here.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Bid and won a 10/22 magnum on GB about a month ago. The seller shipped the thing via USPS on 8/26 of thios year-Priority even! When a week and a half went by the gun did not show up at the FFL-tracking started from both ends and the USPS customer service essentially did not give a darn that the firearm disappeared-a firearm in interstate commerce!

I had given up and bid and won another which is going to another FFL-not in as god shape.

Yesterday as I am boarding a plane I got a voicemail from the FFL to whom the 10/22 was shipped on the 26th of August-the gun had come in-when I picked the rifle(carbine actually) up today :D the FFL told me that the postal worker who delivered it said it was under a bunch of supplies next to the copying machine at the post office and had been there a while. Amazing! :roll:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
I take all of my aqusitions to the smith to check them out before I lock and load> If there are safety issues they would be nice to know about-can you tell me about these so I can give my smith the heads up?

Redstick

Single-Sixer
MagnumM56":2gzgvbjw said:
I take all of my aqusitions to the smith to check them out before I lock and load> If there are safety issues they would be nice to know about-can you tell me about these so I can give my smith the heads up?

I only heard of this a few days ago myself, but it is the reason they were discontinued and are being issued a credit if sent back to the factory. Meb'be I_Like_Pie or someone else in the know will be along and give a more detailed report, but quite a few modifications are needed to make it safe to shoot. A different bolt and I don't remember what all...

I was interested in getting one until I found out about the safety issues, then I just checked it OFF THE LIST and didn't bother to remember all of the details, because I was no longer interested in one. Another drawback for me was that these were not made in Stainless.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
The reason Ruger is giving credit for these is that the metal receivers are breaking and could cause "problems"

The numbers of these sold is so small that they didn't see fit to damage their reputation any more by issuing another recall.

ALSO...note that semi-auto .17hmr will no longer be produced because any gun that accidently fires slightly out of battry can cause case ruptures and physical harm to the shooter. I believe that remington has gone so far to offer a recall, and CCI has stated that they don't want their ammo shot in semi auto guns.

All the above is from I_Like_Pie and it was on a different forum that I learned any of the other details, which I promptly fergot! :?

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Smith checked out the 10/22 fired perfectly took the piece down with no problems. I wonder if anyone has considered that this is a stright wall case that operates out of a rifle designed for straight blowback-not a necked down (bottleneck .17 hmr that must have much higher pressures for the rifle design-how come no one has ever addressed that topic-the receiver and the bolt on this piece is stout and it gobbled up the winchester superX we fed it-the smith says once about 200rds go through it it will really be accurate :eek: