Where to buy Ruger Mark Series pistols??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jazzpicker

Bearcat
I live in a fairly large Florida City but there only a few gun shops with fewer mark series pistols. Many shooters buy online and on our local forum.

I am looking for Mark III pistol to suppress but have found relatively few pistols at the usual places on-line. I'd love to have a Mark III 22/45 RP but I cant find one. I can find a carburator screw for a 1953 sears lawn mower online but can't find a pistol.

I buy from gunbroker on occassion but would rather use a online gun store. Any suggestions of trustworthy places that have good stocks of Ruger Mark series pistols would be appreciated.

natgas

Bearcat
Buds Gun Shop normally has a few models available. I've seen the most selection on GB though

A

Anonymous

Ya know if you buy on line you still have to have them shipping to your broker! and then there is probably a charge from your broker for his service to receive and reg the gun to you.

You probably knew that didn't ya..

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The RP models just came out and are in demand. When demand is high they're going to be harder to locate. Rather than buy and do the transfer and all, why not have your local dealer locate one from a distributor and simply order it through them? You pay his markup obviously but you'll pay the markup regardless. You simply eliminate additional handling costs and the transfer fees.
Bringing a regular model through as a transfer puts a bad taste in your dealer's mouth - kinda a slap in his face for not dealing with him in the first place. Few slaps pay off later on (loyalty). ;)

ranger1

Buckeye
I recently purchased a Ruger Mark III Hunter from Gallery of Guns and the shipping charge (to Minnesota) was $17.00. The dealer they shipped it to didn't charge me a transfer fee, and I had the gun in 3 days. Checkout their website and look at Gun Genie, they explain everything. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
ranger1":339yyoz5 said:
I recently purchased a Ruger Mark III Hunter from Gallery of Guns and the shipping charge (to Minnesota) was $17.00. The dealer they shipped it to didn't charge me a transfer fee, and I had the gun in 3 days. Checkout their website and look at Gun Genie, they explain everything. :lol:

When you buy via Gallery of Guns, the dealer's markup is already figured into the price. The dealers set this upon registering with Davidson's I believe. Hence no transfer fee.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If another distributor has 'em they'll likely be less expensive. That whole "guarantee" Davidson's offers is paid for by their higher costs. Buy a quality brand and the manufacturer handles any issues you have.

jazzpicker

Bearcat
Thanks for the advice, I finally found a new 45/22 RP pistol on gunbroker, it was the only one that I could find on the net. I didn't want to buy on GB but it was that or nothing. It's kind of funny, the seller had a 4 foot long document to read before buying with lots of rules to follow but his reputation is good. Hopefully the pistol will arrive intact.
I bought the pistol to suppress and now have to send the barrel upper receiver across country and have the barrel shortened to 4.6 inches and threading. I enjoy shooting suppressed but really hate modifying a new ruger pistol.

jazzpicker

Bearcat
ranger1":266sx6ta said:
I just went to Gallery of Guns Website and I could have this firearm delivered for $321.56.

Ranger, they must have sold out quickly, they have the pistol listed but it's OOS. Gallery of guns is new to me and thanks for telling me about it.
The price that they have listed is $380.00 which is a good bit higher than on GB. Do you have a FFL or something that helps with lowering the price? I appreciate all available info.

ranger1

Buckeye
jazzpicker'

The price Gallery of Guns shows is the MSRP. When you go to Gun Genie, and they have the firearm in stock that you want, you click on the price quote button and enter your zip code. Dealers registered with Gallery of Guns near you, provide their retail price plus sales tax. The Ruger Hunter I purchased from them last January had a MSRP of $638.00 and I paid $471.00 plus shipping and sales tax for a total of $531.03. That price was a few bucks better than any gun shop near me. The going price here is about $489.00 plus tax, if they have it in stock, which is unlikely. :lol: