Where can I get a new front sight for a GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jazzman

Single-Sixer
I believe he means to always file on the sight and not on the barrel to make the sight fit. I have heard that the sights can be a little tight and require a little fitting to make them fit. I will be in the same situation as you as I am picking up my gp100 soon and one of the first things to do will be to find a front sight that will be easy to see for my aging eyes.

Jim

Ruber

Single-Sixer
You can also post a Want To Buy on the classifieds page, lots of GP owners here swap out sights, you might get a chance to try some different brands out for less than new.

actionflies

Bearcat
installation is easy, just depress the plunger in front of the barrel. I have the hi-viz fiber optic sight and the painted sight and both work good.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
I too wanted a new front sight for my gp. I opened my tackle box and found the brightest piece of plastic on my lures and cut it to precisely fit the ramp on my sight. Glued it in place and it looks great. (I'm quite particular) You might want to give it a try before buying one. It looks much better than a painted one IMHO.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
Would also add that I removed the sight, filed down the grooves in the ramp to make a nice flat surface for the glue, repainted it black, and then glued on the bright plastic.