When there's a Bisley grip on your mind...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Amistad

Single-Sixer
It's been some time since I fired a friend's .45 LC revolver with Bisley grip. It has actually been long enough ago to where I can't recall just how I viewed the experience when I shot that gun. I've always liked the looks of the Bisley, though. Anyway, here's the reason that I'm posting this. My wife and I will celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary next month.

It would be true to say that I really don't need another gun. (When the subject of buying another gun comes up, she sometimes reminds me that I already have plenty of guns.) :mrgreen: But imagine my surprise when she recently told me that she thought our 50th was an important enough event that I might want to get myself a new pistol to commemorate the occasion. So, what I'm hoping to find is another gun nut here in the San Antonio area who has a Bisley grip weapon in a caliber that starts with 4, who would let me fire a few rounds through it. I could buy that person some ammo, take him to lunch, or perhaps something else would suffice by way of recompense. If you are such a person and you would be willing to assist me in this quest, please send me a PM and we can go from there. Thanks!

Clear sights and straight shootin' to ya!
Amistad

princeout

Blackhawk
Amistad,
Take a road trip up I-35 to central Oklahoma and you can try your choice, 44, 45, 475, 500 or 500 Max. Anytime!
Tim

Amistad

Single-Sixer
Princeout, that's mighty kind of you. But I think there's a little too much geography between here and there for me to do that... :mrgreen:

Amistad

Amistad

Single-Sixer
Well, let's see. Upon further reflection, Chuck 100 yd and Maxp, if I'm picking up on the proper vibes that you two fellows are sending my way, maybe I do need another gun after all! :D And bedrockfred, you can be sure that I'll take you up on that the next time I'm in the Phoenix area! Thanks a bunch to you all! :mrgreen:

Semper Fidelis!

Amistad

MaxP

Buckeye
Amistad said:
Well, let's see. Upon further reflection, Chuck 100 yd and Maxp, if I'm picking up on the proper vibes that you two fellows are sending my way, maybe I do need another gun after all! :D And bedrockfred, you can be sure that I'll take you up on that the next time I'm in the Phoenix area! Thanks a bunch to you all! :mrgreen:

Semper Fidelis!

Amistad

Semper Fi back at ya, Amistad!

A bunch of enablers we all are....... :mrgreen:

mikewriter

Blackhawk
The only Bisley I've shot is my .44 mag SBH Hunter, and I can't tell that the grip makes that much difference - yet - but I really like it. Maybe the most accurate revolver I have.

Amistad

Single-Sixer
MaxP said:
I cannot imagine some of my bigger calibers with a plow handle grip frame!
Since I don't know much about the Bisley grip frame, is it the Bisley that you're calling a "plow handle" in the above? Or is it one that is "non-Bisley?" Thanks!

Amistad

princeout

Blackhawk
Here's a Bisley

Here's a "Plow handle"; in this case an XR-3

Here's a couple of modified Bisleys, reshaped by Jack Huntington

And here's a bird's head grip frame

Tim

Amistad

Single-Sixer
Sir, those are some sweet looking guns! Thanks so much for posting these photos! I think you're making me want something in a Bisley even more! :mrgreen:

Amistad

MaxP

Buckeye
Amistad said:
MaxP said:
I cannot imagine some of my bigger calibers with a plow handle grip frame!
Since I don't know much about the Bisley grip frame, is it the Bisley that you're calling a "plow handle" in the above? Or is it one that is "non-Bisley?" Thanks!

Amistad

Bisley on top, plow handle (in this case on a Maximum) on bottom. Hope this helps!

CHAPT3-7.jpg