Whatz your favorite RUGER revolver..Pics would be nice..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
How about Dad's Flattop. Serial number around 2000.

1208728109.jpg

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Buckeyeshooter ..
man that is SWEEETT.
I recently purchased a 50th 357.... close but no cigar !

Thats how got my handle Buckeye ... by shooting Buckeyes ! (NUTS not FANS)

wish my Dad wasn't a Smith man....

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
Thanks Buckeye! Dad used to shoot buckeyes off the tree at my grandfathers farm when I was about 5. He had a woodsman he used for that.
I've got one of the anniversary sets, but the old one just feels better somehow. I'm pretty certain that dad's flattop has never been fired.
1233878404.jpg

LTB45

Bearcat
Buckeye!":1t7b1m7f said:
LOTZA SA FELLARS HERE !!!

My next gun will ABSOLUTELY be some incarnation of a SA Ruger.....They is to purdy not ta have me one!!!

Trebor Snave

Bearcat
DSCF2681.jpg

Well, those are the only two Ruger revolvers I own. I guess my favorite is the brass-framed one. Action worked over and forcing cone recut by Bob Munden, cylinder throats reamed, SBH hammer, Belt Mountain base pin, homemade grips that I need to replace... I bought it new in '94 and shot it some, but never could sight it in; the rear sight was bottomed out and it was still shooting high. I was about ready to put a new front sight on it when I finally took it to Bob Munden. Wonder of wonders, after he worked it over, I was actually able to sight it in! I can't prove it, but I credit the new forcing cone.

The '75 has done nothing but look pretty; I haven't even shot it since I bought it last year. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with it, or whether I should just leave it as is... Nah.

Both 45's, by the way.

Rclark

Hunter
My favorite caliber is .45 Colt. With that in mind, the revolver I enjoy shooting the most is my '93 Vaquero. Nothing fancy ... just works :) . I've reamed the cylinders myself and redid the forcing cone to 11 degrees. Also modified the pawl for free spin. Smoothed this and that on the inside....

Picture can be found here : http://www.rugerforum.net/showpost.php? ... ostcount=1

Enjoy my other single actions too. But... Really .... what other type of revolver is there? :p :lol: .

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
1blkhawk had one just like it ...priced it at the range ..boy I do miss that gun..shouldn't have priced it.

Latest posts