What's your opinion???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Enigma

Hunter
For those who find Ruger's Bisley grip uncomfortable, there are options. Among them is the Bisley grip modification done by Jack Huntington:

http://www.jrhadvancedgunsmithing.com/

And then there are the grip frames made by Ron Wells:

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/

Between the two of them, you should be able to find something that fits your hands.

contender

Ruger Guru
In my thoughts,, you are looking at the Ruger Specs & seeing the 7 oz. as an issue to consider. Have you been able to handle BOTH guns to see what each one feels like in YOUR hands? If not,, then the best advice would be to truly try & do that before making a decision.
Only YOUR hands & YOUR thoughts & feelings will determine which one will suit your preferences.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
There are XXXXX XXXX five grips styles available for Ruger Single Action revolvers with the exception of the Bearecat: (1) The XR-3 (2) The XR-3RED, (3) Dragoon (Super Blackhawk) and (4) The Bisley. (5) The Birdshead. In addition to these, from Ruger, there are aftermarket styles from numerous sources.

The screw pattern is the same for all Old Army, Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk and Single Six, and all grip frames interchange, to a point. New Model grip frames have to be modified to be used on Three Screw Models. So far as I know, Three Screw grip frames can not be adapted to New Model revolvers, though I'm sure somebody, somewhere, has already done so.

So, if one doesn't suit you, install another.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright said:
New Model grip frames have to be modified to be used on Three Screw Models. Bob Wright

Actually, they don't. You can manufacture a little trigger spring/plunger adapter to fit the Old Model parts into the New Model grip frame with very little trouble. :mrgreen:

Latest posts