What's YOUR nickname?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Blackhawk
You probably use it as the name in your avatar, but if you don't, what's your nickname?
View attachment 14633 View attachment 14633 Real Deal.jpg

Congressional Mascot.jpeg
View attachment 14633 Turtle Roundabout 003.JPG

Last edited:

BearBiologist

Blackhawk
"GUS"=I was the team leader for an area inter-agency habitat group (US Fish and Wildlife Service, US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Washington Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Army and various NGOs) ==we had a total of about 10 "Gregs" including given names and surnames. My initials are GVS, so "Gus" was natural.

I worked with half a dozen people in the mill named Wayne. Most of us either carried or otherwise used a two way radio. There were a half dozen Wayne's in the mill, sometimes causing radio confusion, so for whatever reason, I was just tagged with WAYNO, and it stuck. I never had a last name after that time.

Paul B

Buckeye
Phrogge, pronounced frog. I'm of French ancestry on my father's side. I couldn't use it as a handle and the site rejected it. GRRRR!
Paul B.

turd

Buckeye
I worked in a residential architecture firm for nigh on to 20 years. Our Central Regional Office (CRO) had another Larry (Larry Moore) who was my direct superior although he was an Architect and I was a Landscape Architect. The marketing guy was another Moore (Steve), so we had a real jam up. Larry Moore became elmoore, and I was elldee, the marketing guy lucked out, he was the only Steve in the office, so Steve it was. :D

Wyandot Jim I grew up in Wyandot County Ohio which was the last home of the Wyandot Indians in Ohio. They were moved to Kansas then to Oklahoma in 1843. So when I started competing in SASS this became my alias.
When in the USAF it was C J while living at home it was JR.
Since marriage I have had a lot from the wife I won't mention on here:)

ronto

Buckeye
During my school years everyone had a nick name such as Little Joe, Chinch Bug, The Heb, Clay Balls, Starch, J.R., Bones, Jahdeck, Iggy, Bed Bug, Prune, Wags, Frankie Boy, Captain Jack, Ears and more I can't remember at the moment. My nick name was Toad and I'm thankful it didn't stick. :)

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
For some reason that kids at my church have dubbed me "Cowboy Bob" or to a few its "Mr. Bob."

The first role I played in a cantata at church I played a grouchy old curmudgeon named "Grandpa Billy" and a couple of kids used that for a while but that faded out.

Bob Wright

The A Team

Bearcat
I never had one until my current job. I have the same first name as the owner of the company so one of my coworkers calls me ‘Junior’.

eveled

Hunter
GEARS. The other kids used to say I was slow but nothing could stop me. I would say it was because I had low gears, like a work truck, not a race car. So they called me GEARS.

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
That's funny @Chief 101 A couple guys at work call me Popeye too. I still have the big forearms.

Last edited:

tazbigdog

Blackhawk
Rabbit..when I was a kid, no one could catch me.

Magnet..when I was in law enforcement. Always catching the bad guys.

Punisher..when I took those bad guys to court. 😂👍🏻

For some reason that kids at my church have dubbed me "Cowboy Bob" or to a few its "Mr. Bob."

The first role I played in a cantata at church I played a grouchy old curmudgeon named "Grandpa Billy" and a couple of kids used that for a while but that faded out.

Bob Wright
Bob Wright you Sir have a heart of gold with those young men and women at your Church, just because you are you.....and you're involved.

I was Jerry (middle name Jerome) when growing up and in public school. I started St Mary's Catholic school and became Frank (or MR MITCHELL). That stuck with me till the 1970's when till Colonel Calhoun tagged me with "Fox Mike". That stayed with me throughout the rest of the time in uniform.

When I was a T.A. in advanced physics class, it was Einstein.
When I was shooting in my junior small bore league, it was Deadeye.
When I was racing sailboats in Portland, it was "Rock". (short for rock
star. At least that's what I tell myself)

Nick names come and go. They don't mean much.

What matters is who you are, and what you stand for.
If my last nickname was Patriot, I would die a happy man.

Last edited: