What's with Ruger's love affair with the 450 Bushmaster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Three50seven said:
Let me begin by saying I am not in any way bashing the caliber. Though it's no 45/70 Govt, I think it would be an awesome caliber to own and play around with if I didn't already have too many others to collect components and dies for :lol: .

Now, what I am really wondering is why is Ruger all of a sudden throwing all these 450's on the Market? First the American Rifle Ranch, then the Gunsite, now a No. 1?? I would assume that Bushmaster (Or whoever owns them now) still owns the rights to this caliber, which seems a little odd that Ruger would be pushing a competitor's caliber at what is really a niche market. Maybe I'm all wrong, but it seems a little odd to me. Kind of surprised they didn't throw their hat into the ring with a "450 Ruger" if they were planning this many offerings.

All good questions...but really, Ruger missed the boat on this one as they usually do with other things they don't advertise properly as far as distributor exclusives etc. Randy's gun center has sold over 7,000 rifles so far in that chambering!!
Chet15