What's the trigger pull on 345 in DA? SA?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stare-decisis

Single-Sixer
I say that the DA pull on my p345 is a bit long and a little on the heavy side. I have a p229 Sig right now and I spent a bit of time comparing the both and its not really that close. The SIg has a much better pull. The SA on the Ruger is not bad, the reset seems about right, not too long. Not too short. Nice distinctive click. Of all the semi's I've had, the DA is on the bottom end in terms of length and weight of pull.
The p345 does feel real good in the hand, balances well and is very slim. Quite easy to carry. I read on the gunblast.com review of the p345 that their DA pull was 8 lbs 5 ozs and 5lbs and 6 ozs for SA. Mine feels heavier on the DA but the Sa does seem close to the 5.6

Tanner

Bearcat
stare-decisis":392xxste said:
I say that the DA pull on my p345 is a bit long and a little on the heavy side. I have a p229 Sig right now and I spent a bit of time comparing the both and its not really that close. The SIg has a much better pull. The SA on the Ruger is not bad, the reset seems about right, not too long. Not too short. Nice distinctive click. Of all the semi's I've had, the DA is on the bottom end in terms of length and weight of pull.
The p345 does feel real good in the hand, balances well and is very slim. Quite easy to carry. I read on the gunblast.com review of the p345 that their DA pull was 8 lbs 5 ozs and 5lbs and 6 ozs for SA. Mine feels heavier on the DA but the Sa does seem close to the 5.6

a little over 8 and 5 plus eh? Mine seems waaaay heavier on the DA than that. Thanks for the answer buddy:)

funny Ruger doesn't publish the pull like other guns do ?

Tanner

Bearcat
wildturk":32eogc9s said:
Here is the link from..... Ruger FAQ
http://www.ruger.com/service/FAQs.html#Q89

Genius! Thank you. There's lots of stuff there for me to read! Good job.:)

What is the trigger pull on Ruger P-Series pistols when they are manufactured?
Factory specifications are: Single-Action - 4 to 7 pounds, Double-Action - 9 to 15 pounds. A certain amount of 'slack' in the trigger pull is characteristic of these types of Military/Police style pistols.

mr_trumpet1

Bearcat
DA trigger pull is a bit stout and the SA is hairpin like any other gun (maybe not as hairpin as others). I know you can change out the springs but I practice my DA trigger while dry firing and target practicing. I've done got used to it so its not a big problem to me.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
The only P345 I have ever shot had the best DA/SA trigger of any I have shot including the Sigs.

The fellow it belonged to was shooting extremely tight groups with it.

My P95 started out with a pretty tough DA trigger. Now it is pretty sweet after a lot of shooting. I don't dry fire my handguns.

I also get agitated really easy when I don't hear a bang when I pull the trigger. :D

tk