What's the story,Ruger Bisley Blackhawk SS 5.5" guns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I am wondering just how many variants there are of this species... :lol:

I'm wondering about how many versions exist and in what numbers they were produced.

I've got a .357 and a .41 Mag. Know they made it in .45 Colt as I've seen one a friend has. Were the .45's also convertibles? Were there other covertibles?

Inquiring minds want to know... :wink:

Rainman

Blackhawk
Mine is a 45 colt/45 acp convertable that was an exclusive run for Accusport. I believe another run was made for William's after those.

Chet15, a member here who publishes the RENE, is your best source for that info.

Dan

BlkHawk73

Hunter
They've been chambered for the .357 mag, .41 mag, 44 mag, 45LC and as a 45lc/45ACP convertable. Initailly they were all via Acusport but the last few runs (.41 and .45 convertables) were through Williams'. There's been multiple runs of all of them except the .44 mag. Only real variations are the barrel warning location and grips. Some had the side of the barrel rollmark while later ones had it on the bottom. The earlier ones had the standard rosewood grip panels and later, beginning with a lete run of the 45 convertable they started having the black laminate ones. Even then, I've seen some with the lighter grey laminate and some with the darker black laminate.
The locks included in the cases also changed during all this.

As for production numbers... Originally they were all 1000 and the initial run of the 45/45 was only 250. Since then there's been many more of the 41 and 45/45 models.

Happily, I started early and was able to grab one of each chambering and a consec #ed pair of the 357's which I've tucked all away for my son. :) Had to grab an extra 45LC one as s shooter though. They are what hooked me on the Bisley configuration. 8)

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Mine is just a .45 Colt and it is called an Acusport Bisley:

SBHAccusport45Lc.jpg

And it can shoot very accurately.