what's the going rate range for LNIB Bisley hunters in .44?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kpp80202

Bearcat
I am thinking of adding one to my safe, and want to know what reasonable used prices are (not necessarily the fantastic deals that you always see posted like "I got one for $50 with 800 rounds of ammo", but rather the typical good deals you see pop up from time to time). On GB they seem to run around $600 with shipping. I have seen one for $525 plus tax locally ($565 OTD). Thanks!

TDF

Single-Sixer
I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I got one about last Christmas for $450 from the local Scheel's sporting good store. No box or rings, but otherwise looked unfired.

Sorry couldn't resist.

TDF

kpp80202

Bearcat
TDF--that's not so bad, but Grrrr! I rarely see those kinds of deals.

Also, it's hard to cough up $550-600, when I see blued SBH's going for $425-450, though I recognize that this has rings, is stainless, is a Bisley, etc. Apples and oranges, but those cheaper oranges look tasty!

james8719

Bearcat
I bought one about 3 weeks ago for $549 plus $30 shipping. It is just as you desribed, a .44 mag Hunter Bisley.

Jim

MK111

Bearcat
That is the same price I paid for a used as new in the box one last month. I would do it again. Go for it as they are hard to find and that is a fair price to.

G2

Hunter
kpp80202":2mf4yogq said:
I recognize that this has rings, is stainless, is a Bisley, etc. Apples and oranges, but those cheaper oranges look tasty!

. . . . and a Solid Rib, I like the added weight, Helps tame the hotter loads.

I guess one get's what he pays for. :wink:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
kpp80202":1fzmo8m5 said:
... (not necessarily the fantastic deals that you always see posted like "I got one for $50 with 800 rounds of ammo", but rather the typical good deals you see pop up from time to time). ...
Ha! Just this morning I popped onto another forum for a minute, and someone was asking for a price check on a certain gun. The responses were all $200 less than the going rate for this gun. "Oh yeah, you see those all the time. I wouldn't pay more than $525" when one hasn't sold on the online sites for less than $700 in two years.

I mean, those deals do exist, and do come to light on occasion, but some forum dwellers are either really living in the past or simply like "reverse fish stories".

-- Sam

TDF

Single-Sixer
Just buy the dang thing. Mine is the most comfortable big bore revolver I've ever shot. The bisley grip and the barrel rib combine to make one easy shooting pistol. I'm of the fold that if I can't get it cheaper than it's worth I'll wait. It causes me to not own some stuff that I'd like to have but it's just the way I operate. Seriously though. What's a hundred bucks among friends?.

TDF

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
^ More importantly, how much will it cost next year if you don't buy it now?

I got a SBHBH a few years ago for $425. Next year the going rate might be $625. "You pays your money and you takes your chances", or more to the point, "You didn't pay too much, you just bought it too early."

-- Sam