whats the going price on a used sbh 7.5 inch barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
ok heres my story due to recent vehicle probs . ive wiped out my stash repairing her suv and had to send my old pickup down the road and replace it with a newer f 150 . so I decided to advertise my sbh for sale in a local classified .its an older gun (not a 3 screw) I bought it used from my neighbor a few yrs ago I traced the serial number to 1978 or 79, all in decent shape and a good shooter,it has a little wear on it here and there I would rate it 90%. my neighbor had it drilled and tapped for a scope but I wanted it back to original and removed scope and mount and replaced the rear sight . I advertised the gun for 375$ and also advertised the leapold base and 2x30 nc star pistol scope ,rcbs carbide dies ,lee factory crimp die 150 rounds of once fired magtech brass 200 rounds of 2/3 times fired starline brass and I also have 50 rounds 44 special brass. now I wanted 375 for the gun and said I would work out a deal on the package if someone was interested I figured 475ish for the whole deal . the gun is a ruger new model super Blackhawk 7.5 inch barrel and has Hogue grips on it . ive had allot of calls and texts on it but no takers I had 1 idiot e mailed me offered 375 for the whole deal I pretty much told him what he could do with his 375 . am I out of line with my price on this ? I realize people want a good deal when shopping from classifieds ive also been known to get someone down a few bucks on there price here and there but I don't make insulting crackhead offers .

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I think that $300-$350 for a nice used one is a fair price in these parts. Here a dealer will get $75 to $100 more than that but they get many more lookers than an individual who is trying to sell one.
I would advertise any scope or mounts separately as they just don`t seem to add much value to a used gun,in fact many times they detract from the value due to the loss of potential buyers that don`t want a scope on their gun.