whats the difference??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a friend who has a sr9 and had to send it in because of barrel peening, i have a p95 and have never had any problems. he now wants to trade as he says he can't trust the sr9, and i don't know if i can either. my question is whats the difference in the lock up between the two guns?, looking from the top they don't look that different. i know the sr9 is thinner and the internals are different, but when the slide contacts the barrel both gun looks like they operate the same. but why don't the p95 peen?, i can't figure it out hope ya'll can help. also since the sr9 has been sent in is it now fixed?, what i am trying to say is are there anyone that had their peening fixed just to have it happen again? thanks for any help.

revhigh

Hawkeye
THere are people who had to send their gun back multiple times .... leave well enough alone and keep your 95 ... don't be stupid and trade a known working gun for a known defective one .... it only makes sense. In many cases, newer does not equate to better .... I'd want to dump that gun too if I were him.

REV

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
thanks i thought it would be better to keep my 95. but do yall know why the sr9 peens but not the p95?, are the barrels made from different steel? thanks

tkarter

Single-Sixer
The SR9 barrel peening has to do with a timing and tolerance issue. One the P95 doesn't have.

Just tell your friend you aren't silly and keep your P95.

tk