Whats better than 1 USST MKII

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
2 USST MKIIs. Picked up 2nd one in trade for some work I did.
IMGP0838.jpg

IMGP0835.jpg
[/img]

jtf650

Bearcat
Very nice! But now I'm wondering- are there any other Mark II, stainless steel, 5 1/2" slab slide barrel versions out there? It seems like all the 5 1/2" barrels are round bulls, and all the slabs are 6 7/8". I vaguely recall seeing a special edition Mark III blue 5 1/2" slab side, but that's not what I'm thinking about. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Goverment Target is the only one i can think of at this time. Other members will chime in Im sure :D

jtf650

Bearcat
I thought the Government Target had the longer round bull barrel? The more I look at that USST model, the more I like it. Hmmm...I wonder if any portion of the cost of the gun that Talo referenced above will be tax-deductible since it's benefiting USA Shooting? That would be nice to have the government partially subsidize a gun purchase. Nah, too good to be true.

jtf650":3ssnb5p8 said:
Very nice! But now I'm wondering- are there any other Mark II, stainless steel, 5 1/2" slab slide barrel versions out there?

Yes, there are. I found a nice shooter-grade example right here on the forum.

KMK512GC is what you're looking for. I don't know if it was regular production, a distributor exclusive, or both (at different times).

Happy hunting...