Whats a fair deal?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dirt1

Bearcat
I have a like new Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 ruger that I am trying to work a deal on locally. It has about 30 rounds through it. I have the box, rings and all papers. I also have a brand new set of Lee carbide dies that I never used and about 230 pieces of once fired brass that I bought. And about a box and a half of Harnady ammo.

I put an add on the local message board, and I had on guy contact me this A.M. He has a Ruger 96/44 and a Super Single Six stainless that he is offering as trading material. He said nothing about the condition of either, but he did say that he does not have the box for either one. He is at work today, so I am unable to contact him until this evening.

I am interested in both but the 96/44 is more alluring , as I have been wanting one for a while. I am just wondering what you guys would think to be a fair deal. Thanks

dirt1

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Your package is worth about 600 bucks. His package depends on condition. The 96/44 between 450 and 600 depending on condition range I give would be about a 90 percent gun to NIB. They have gone for more as they are discontinued but the price seems to have settled. The single six could be all over the place depending on barrel length production date ect. Could be a 250 dollar gun could be a 500 dollar gun. See what he offers and go from there. For me I would figure both guns with about 100 bucks kicked in from you maybe a bit more. Really depends on condition and what exactly the Single six is.

dirt1

Bearcat
I guess I should clarrify. I don't think he was offering both for my Redhawk. I have yet to talk to him, but I believe it was one or the other. That is why I was asking on here to get some idea on the boot money involved.

I know the 96/44's are bringing pretty good money in excellent shape. His looks to be very good ( he sent pictures), but I will have a better idea when I see it.

Stan in SC

Bearcat
I sold a 96/44 last year.You can assign a value of approximately $450 to it if in good condition.You have dies with yours.I'd say an even swap of yours for both of his would be fair.

Stan in SC