What Upside down holster for Speed Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have been thinking of looking for an upside down shoulder holster for my Speed Six 2 3/4" ( Like the one in the movie "Bullitt") I have been watching the BAY and seen a Safariland 19 but they said it was for a 2" K frame and a 2 1/2 would not fit. There is a S&W version I'm watching thats for a 2 - 2 1/2" S&W Mod 15, 19 or 66. Based on the scale in the photo and measurements of my Speed Six it won't work either.

Anyone have any experience with one of these and a Speed Six and can point the way to which one? I don't want to get into a lot of money for one so a new custom job or new production is out.

Thanks

Sceva

JHRosier

Single-Sixer
The Berns Martin or the Bianchi version of the same has become a fairly rare collectable.
As far as I have been able to determine, nobody has made one in years.
I have the Bianchi for the Security Six and it is one of the very best concealment holsters that I have ever seen or used.
No, it is not for sale.

Jack

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
You might also check with Ken Null. He makes a lot of different style shoulder holsters for FBI, CIA, and other Federal agents. He does great work, and mostly uses horse hide, or he has a couple that he makes out of some type of white industrial plastic, that are very concealable, and light weight.

EarlFH

Thank you to all that answered. I passed on the S&W version on the auction site.

I am really not looking for a new one. I don't want one bad enought to pay what a new one goes for as I actually normally use and prefer my Concealco IWB holster and a shoulder rig will get very little use.
I'll just keep looking at gun shows etc and will find a Safariland 19, Bianchi, etc at a price I'm comfortable with (cheap LOL) That way I can actually try it for fit and check out the harnass for condition before I buy. Used is not an issue as long as it's complete and in usable shape.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Well if you change you mind for a new one go with one from Ken Null. I will not go into details but I am alive today because of his lightweight kydex sholder holster.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
sceva":3c7yeqvk said:
I passed on the S&W version on the auction site.

Just in case you don't know... most holster makers like Bianchi, Galco etc... use the same holster for the S&W K frame as they do for the Speed/Security Six series... same size and fit. I have had several and the fit was perfect.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
ShortBBL":3h5l56f3 said:
sceva":3h5l56f3 said:
I passed on the S&W version on the auction site.

Just in case you don't know... most holster makers like Bianchi, Galco etc... use the same holster for the S&W K frame as they do for the Speed/Security Six series... same size and fit. I have had several and the fit was perfect.

That is normally true. But Bianchi made holsters for the 9R system in both S&W and Ruger speed six. I have one of each.

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

Beruisis

Single-Sixer
sceva, I have two of those holsters, one of which is the Safariland & it works great. I'll double check tonite on the model number.
I've used those upside down holsters for years.
B

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
hittman":2amaszet said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEFT-ALFONSOS-Shoulder-Holster-S-W-357-K-Frame-10-19-4_W0QQitemZ120506140439QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0eb9c717

If this isn't exactly what you're looking for, email Mike and ask if he has one. I've bought several holsters from him always with excellent results.

Thats what I quoted sceva for a BIanchi 9R made specifically for a 2 3/4" speed six.