What the heck is this??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jazzpicker

Bearcat
I was browsing in a local gun store last night and saw a Ruger 10/22, wood stock, stainless metal with a long 22" barrel. I have never seen a 10/22 with a long barrel.

I googled the thing when I got home and found only one on the entire internet at Abel's. They identified the rifle as a Ruger 10/22 "1149".

Now I'm wondering if I should buy this rifle since I need a 10/22 to replace my standard that I just put a suppressed barrel on. (legally) My other option is to buy one of the target models with a laminated stock for a hundred dollars more.

Is this "1149" a Ruger that never was popular or is it a good rifle? I couldn't find information on this rifle with Google which is unusual.

Does anyone out there have any info on this rifle?

Thanks

Welcome!

Sounds like you've found a WalMart Special, 10/22-22.

This is a non-catalogued edition, so far made only for WalMart.

It's a stainless 10/22, with a full size Deluxe Sporter type stock, but made of birch, and with a 22" barrel. The original ones had an all-metal trigger group, but there must be another run of these, as I recently saw these guns with the plastic trigger group.

If you find a WalMart that still sells guns, this one will be on the shelf for in the neighborhood of $237. The local WalMarts no longer sell guns, but the WalMarts in the more conservative parts of my State still sell these, and that's the last price I saw, which was not long ago.

WAYNO.

jazzpicker

Bearcat
Thanks for the Welcome, this looks like a good forum and I have several ruger guns in my safe.

Just my luck finding a walmart special, I never have paid much attention to guns at walmart before.

After reading your post I decided to go ahead and order a target model stainless/laminated and get what what I really wanted.
I'm sure that the walmart model would be a great rifle but I'll pay the extra money and get the rifle I really wanted.

I also plan to look for some well used 10/22s, I think I have a walnut stock and a hogue overmolded stock laying around to make a couple of plinkers. There are a lot of aftermarket parts and accessories on the market to repair and modify these great rifles and keep me busy and out of trouble.

Don't discount that WalMart Special. It's a great, full-sized rifle.

But, in addition to having that WalMart Special, I've gotta have all the other versions of the 10/22, also. A guy cannot have too many. 8)

WAYNO.

ddd482

Single-Sixer
WAYNO":qoc3powp said:
Don't discount that WalMart Special. It's a great, full-sized rifle.

But, in addition to having that WalMart Special, I've gotta have all the other versions of the 10/22, also. A guy cannot have too many. 8)

WAYNO.

they seem to breed sometimes :D

theavrin

Bearcat
From what I have been able to find out, Wal-mart has stopped buying from Lipsey's. They were the distributor having Ruger make the special. The ones that are out there now are all that there is going to be. I got one in July that has the plastic trigger group, I like it, but I'd love to find one with bright SS instead of the "target grey".

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I also heard third-hand that WalMart has ceased buying via Lipsey's.

But that source also could not verify where WM buys ammunition either.

Shoot that 22" 10/22! Nice variant.

Latest posts