What reference books are must haves?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I've been working on a Gun Digest collection for a few years and got to thinking that I should accumuate some Ruger related books. Rugers take up most of the space in my safe. Pretty soon there will be some days when it's just nof fit to go out and shoot. In rimfire, I've got a 10-22, a 77-22, a single six, and soon a Mk I.
I tend to keep things stock, bu have on occaision made some serious changes. It would be nice to have info on model ID, appropriate maintainance and accurizing. How to pimp them out makes good reading and dreaming about what might be.
So along with Ruger and His Guns, what other books should a fellow have?
Thanks
Bfly

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'd subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange. That will get you a copy of the "Ruger Reference Guide." An INVALUABLE guide to almost all Rugers. At $25 to join,, and get the guide,, it's some of the best money spent.
Next, Chad Hiddleson has an excellent book called an Encyclopedia of Ruger semi-autos that has a lot of great info. Don Findley has another book on the MK series thats great.
Then there is the newest book by John Dougan,, and it's about $65 and well worth the money.
Me,,, I have almost ALL of the books ever printed on Rugers,, I feel ALL of them have some very good things,, but the ones listed above are at the top of the list!

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I'd have at least one of Jim Carmichel's rifle books. Also "Survival Guns" by Mel Tappan. Encyclopedia of Ruger 1949-1992 also....

Hauss

Bearcat
I'd check out Munnel's book on single sixes and pistols also. There is a ton of information in there.

flatgate

Hawkeye
328772165.jpg

53156332.jpg

61168998.jpg

61168995.jpg

61168991.jpg

61168983.jpg

yeah, this is only some of them.........

RugerBooksa.jpg

we have at least two book cases full of gun books and that NOT for ANY of the 60 years of American Rifleman, or Gun Digest or Shooters bibles since the 1950 era............. :shock: