What reference book to buy for Ruger Single Actions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nmsu

Bearcat
Can anyone recommend a few good reference books to buy for Ruger Single Actions? I would like to be more knowledgeable of what is sure to put me into the poor house.

Thank you,

Larry

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, for the detailed info (no images) the Red Eagle News Exchange's Ruger Reference stands alone!

E Mail the Editor for info: CHRugers (at) aol (dot) com

The newest book on the topic, complete with lots of images, is J.C. Dougan's Ruger Pistols and Revolvers.

dougan_F.jpg

Click Here

R.L. Wilson's Ruger and His Guns tells the history of the man and his Company. Very interesting reading.

There are also many others that were published over the years. They all contain useful data, IMHO, but the newer examples are, obviously, more "up to date".

61168995.jpg

61168991.jpg

61168983.jpg

......there are more.......

:D

flatgate

M'BOGO

Buckeye
There is also the Ruger single action revolvers, A shop manual volumes 1 & 2, by Heritage Gun Books.
But I get the impression Flatgate was singing the tune you were looking for.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Jerry Kuhnhausen Shop Manuals - Vol 1 & 2 for 'The Ruger Single Action Revolvers'. For everything.

And 'Ruger & His Guns' for reference.

Dave T

Single-Sixer
Looked at Dugan's book on both Amazon and the Barnes & Noble web sites. Dang they want a pile of our deflated dollars for those things. I'll probably break down and get it one of these days but the sticker shock is holding me back right now.

Dave

CraigC

Hawkeye
That's why so much of our printing has gone to China. Just figure the money you save on R.L. Wilson's "Ruger and His Guns" (a $65 dollar book printed in Italy and on clearance anywhere for $20) to make up the difference on Dougan's book.

brionic

Bearcat
For a rapid trip toward the poor house, get a copy of John Taffin's "Single Action Sixguns"... more than just Ruger guns, but details history, loading, handling, options, and many many other angles.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
mohavesam":2mh38cl9 said:
Jerry Kuhnhausen Shop Manuals - Vol 1 & 2 for 'The Ruger Single Action Revolvers'. For everything.

And 'Ruger & His Guns' for reference.

This is a great recommendation. I have both of them and together they pretty much cover everything.

Latest posts