what protects your most valuable pocessions? ( home defense)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

j.r. ruger guy

Bearcat
a couple nights ago i was setting there thinking of what would be my first choice as a go-to-gun in a home break in. i think the 500 cruiser would be my first grab. lets see your choice in home defense ......
107_0937.jpg

my 2 labs are first in line , they let me know when somethings going on , 2nd is a fully loaded Para Ordnance 45acp with extra mags ,,

if i would need more than that, chances are i would have time to get to the safes and get out what ever i needed

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
I would cleanly have to say that the only two things keeping me safe, in my home, are an ugly wife and having no money to steal in the first place.

Now, I'm just kidding......I have plenty of money.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Okay, I wasn't going to do this, but since others are having so much fun with this...

one just cant have to many Rugers - my philosophy !
Then how come you don't have any Rugers in that picture? :D

Also, you do realize this is the Revolvers section, don't you? :D

Re: BearHawk, wow, you're a braver man than I! :lol:

Having very little worth stealing is always a good defense...

-- Sam

Blue Brick

Bearcat
I would cleanly have to say that the only two things keeping me safe, in my home, are an ugly wife and having no money to steal in the first place.

LMAO!!!!!

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Before you guys go awarding me the ball-and-chain gangs equivalent to the medal of honor, I'll have to confess.....I'm not married. My entire post was a goof. Could you imagine if a guy really had the beans to say something like that? Pretty funny.

Anyway, if somebody can get past my trip-wires, hidden cameras and vault quality locks then I have a few tricks up my sleeve that all end in certain death to a thug. This old Marine doesn't fool around when it comes to safety.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The dog alerts when the deer come through the yard and occasionally when the neighbors are out in their backyard. She has a couple different barks. The wrong one raises my interest. She sounds a LOT bigger than she is. If it comes to requiring some sort of deadly force, it's a HK P7M8 that gets called upon.
Not one for all the black gun stuff nor the whole "tactical" stuff so having a bunch bedside just isn't me. Not realistic IMO but to each their own.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, boy, I have this covered!

93093250.jpg

Fully Alert Guard Dogs! These critters will lick a man's legs perfectly clean.

We also have firearms in the house....

164479801.jpg

flatgate

tookalisten

Blackhawk
There's enough Lego's scattered across my floor to be a trip hazard to deter anyone not accustomed to such an obstacle...
Then there are our 3 dogs who alert us to every leaf that falls in the yard...
All the adults have a concealed carry; and my youngest will shoot your eye out with his Red Ryder.

But to answer your question, I'm grabbing the scattergun first.

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Meet Troopus Maximus von Wolfgang (Trooper), my 92 lb Finnish Doberman, trained in German by Durham Haus Working Dogs:

n516197060_1648470_5779.jpg

And if he doesn't stop them, then I have this:

GP100.jpg

batmann

Single-Sixer
Amen to the dog thing, Flatgate. My dog never met a dog treat she didn't like. Me? My .44M Alaskan and a Browning BPS with a 20" barrel seem to be all I need. Hmmmm, maybe I could be bribed with a dog treat too--------

Motex66

Single-Sixer
Flatgate's alert system is likely every effective. One time I got stopped for speeding and the officer went around to the wifes side of the car. Of courese I had already shut the car off and the window was up. The wife opened the door the Yorkie jumped out and attacked. The officer raised his hands and said "Lady that animal should be on a leash. To which the wife said " Well, your the second Warren county police officer she has bit." The wife rescued the officer. The officer asked who was the first. She told him it was the son of one of her friends. The son was a friend of his. I didn't get a ticket everyone got a good story.

Flatgate's yorkie is awake to alert everyone.

My system a Yorkie alarm backed up by a 1911.

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
What protects my MOST VALUABLE possessions? That's a no-brainer for sure.....

Banana.jpg
[/img]

If you don't find this funny then there has got to be something wrong with you....I don't care who you are!

The funny part is....I found this pic by doing a google image search for the term "banana hamock" in an attempt to find some funny looking underwear, to post on here as a goof....this crazy thing showed up as a men's bathing suit. What is this world coming to?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Jesus bearhawk! I like all the yorkie pics, my dog a silkie terrier barks at every leaf that drops as well so it gives us time to grab the GP100 :)

56-210

Bearcat
BearHawk 357":33xyxhcw said:

Well don't have the wife anymore...And I've got ALL the money I'm gonna need too, just as long as i die by 4:30 today...

Mark