What I've been doing the past couple months

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turd

Buckeye
Looking good, but no basement? Do you have plans for a storm shelter of some sort? The weather seems to be more and more of an issue these days.....

Kevin said:
Thanks for the update. It’s pretty impressive.

How long will it take to sell a tractor just sitting there beside the road with a sign on it? Is there much demand around your area for tractors?

When the weather turns good, I think (hope!) it sells pretty fast. It is nice and very low hours.

turd said:
Looking good, but no basement? Do you have plans for a storm shelter of some sort? The weather seems to be more and more of an issue these days.....

The big December tornado barely missed us. We are doing an underground storm shelter/ food cellar, once the house is finished. Adding a basement was going to add another $36-40 thousand to the build. I’d love to have done it but that meant no shop.

Rook

Blackhawk
Looks great. I wish you a lot of luck.

My wife and I had everything squared away and was enjoying retirement for about 5 years but we never counted on either one of us getting sick. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer almost 2 years ago and died 4 months ago in October of 2021. Now nothing matters.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Rook said:

My wife and I had everything squared away and was enjoying retirement for about 5 years but we never counted on either one of us getting sick. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer almost 2 years ago and died 4 months ago in October of 2021. Now nothing matters.

Sorry to hear that about your wife; It does take time to recover and for many years memories will pop up in your life of various places and activities.
January 30, 2019 I got up and asked my Ashley, "Eggs or Oatmeal" knowing Ashley would pick eggs. Ashley was lying in bed listening to a pod cast while I went fixed our breakfast; When I came back in 10-15 minutes, Ashley was gone. They said Ashley's heart died and that a pacemaker was useless in that circumstance. I could tell there had been no pain and that Ashley drifted off asleep.
Now 3 years later, I still miss my Ashley and often pass by a bike park, store or other place and it pops into my mind, "Ashley and I use to go there or do that" and I feel a deep sadness in my heart. I hope the memory never fades.

Rook said:

I sincerely hate to read that. The main reason we started this was because we have lost so many of our family at way too early an age. I doubt that we will be able to keep the place up for a long time. We are just hoping the Good Lord will let us have a few years to slow down and look around. Then there will be a FOR SALE sign on the land, and maybe it will be someone else's dream...

First load of lumber arrived. Walls start Monday.

Untitled by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

Ride1949 said:
Thar's coming along nicely. Looks like you know what you're doing.

I built our original home, and the one we are at now. This is number 3, and all I do is watch and pay. My wife said she wasn't waiting two years for me to build again (that's the time I spent on both our other homes, and I was a lot younger). She said if I wanted one more house- to hire it done. It's not easy watching someone else do it instead of me, but she is right. Age and health are no longer on my side...

Ride1949

Buckeye
[I built our original home, and the one we are at now. This is number 3, and all I do is watch and pay. My wife said she wasn't waiting two years for me to build again (that's the time I spent on both our other homes, and I was a lot younger). She said if I wanted one more house- to hire it done. It's not easy watching someone else do it instead of me, but she is right. Age and health are no longer on my side...]

I hear that. I spent most of my life in construction. (Many different fields) I destroyed my shoulder on the last job and I'm now in the process of selling off most of my tools. At 73, I guess it's time to hang it up. I shut down my business and retired 11years ago, but got so bored I started taking on side jobs. Looks like I'm done for real this time. :(

Standing at the garage door looking at the garage closet

Master bath roughed in

Second bath

Master bath looking to the master bedroom, trying to figure out how I'm gonna pack the shower unit upstairs to the mancave without help

kitchen to great room view

Stairs that I need to get up with the shower unit :lol:

200 amp

Couple of wires

A little vinyl going up

Fireplace roughed in

Back porch ready for vinyl

They shorted me one window.
I have a projected date of November 2 for it. So the siding had to stop at the window hole :shock:

Septic system installed

by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

Bought a storage building for the holiday stuff my wife has.

Insulation is in

Unit installed in the attic

Fireplace box roughed in

We need our siding LOL We are 7 squares short on the order, and it is backordered too...

Sheetrock delivered Friday

I decided to go ahead and put the subfloor down and run the plumbing to the mancave. Originally, I wasn't gpoing to do anything to it, but... So I worked all day yesterday and after starting this morning at 6:30 am, I just came home for the day.

They still have some wrapping to do on the duct. It is hot in the attic!

Latest posts