What is your favorite holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I really like a chest holster for woods carry and treestand hunting. What is your favorite and what brand? I am going to order something from El Paso Saddelry soon and can't decide what to get for my new 6 1/2 44 mag flattop.

MaxP

Buckeye
As far as chest rigs go, I love my 7x Leather holsters. Great holsters for a reasonable price.

P1030513.jpg

tsubaki

Single-Sixer
So far I'm liking the Crossdraw holster by Hunter than the shoulder holsters I had been using.

Jim Puke

Hunter
onehandgunner said:
I have always liked the vintage Bianchi #1 Lawman.

BINGO!

This is my favorite single action holster...custom or other...that I have ever used. I buy every used one that I come across.

I have a nice chest holster...just not real fond of it. I use binoculars and the binos and the gun seem to always be at odds.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Sakoluvr said:
I really like a chest holster for woods carry and treestand hunting. What is your favorite and what brand? I am going to order something from El Paso Saddelry soon and can't decide what to get for my new 6 1/2 44 mag flattop.

Do it within the week and you'll get 20% off Sakoluvr. El Paso's got a promo going. On line orders only I think. Here's the code:

Promo Code: XMAS15

Offer Expires 11/09/2015.

The Preacher

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
The Preacher said:
Sakoluvr said:

Do it within the week and you'll get 20% off Sakoluvr. El Paso's got a promo going. On line orders only I think. Here's the code:

Promo Code: XMAS15

Offer Expires 11/09/2015.

The Preacher

Yep, got the memo already. Thanks.

Mickey D

Single-Sixer
MaxP said:
As far as chest rigs go, I love my 7x Leather holsters. Great holsters for a reasonable price.

P1030513.jpg

I have one of Wes's chest holsters also, for my RBH Bisley 454 casull
I also have one from Galco. Wes from 7x Leather makes a better holster IMO.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Depends on the barrel length. Shoulder holsters are not too keen with long barrels unless worn at hip lever or have a side opening design. Cross draw is also good for long barrels.

Since most of my guns are short, I like a high ride, butt forward cant.

Bianchi Frontier Gunleather's: "Half Breed":
bianchi41fr_zpsbe5d174a.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I've worn a lot of different holsters & tried several things. For a tree stand type of hunting, a cross chest design is among the best. I tried the "cheap" route a long time ago with Uncle Mikes. Then I've tried a few others.
By far, the most comfortable, durable, top quality, best all around I've ever worn is the NW Hunter rig from Doc Barranti.
Check out Barranti leather.

MaxP

Buckeye
CraigC made this holster (elephant hide). It's a "Paladin" style belt holster -- even though the OP asked about chest rigs, this is one very fine holster nonetheless.

Holster.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
DGW1949 said:
If we're talking SA holsters, the Bianchi Lawman is as good as it gets.

DGW

Yep! Used those for years. I always cut the strap on the body side and added a thumbreak tab and snap like Bianchi put on its double action holsters. Then the front strap would pivot downwards on the original snap on the front of the holster and make it very easy to re-holster the gun one handed!

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
I just ordered a 1942 shoulder holster from El Paso for my 7.5" Blackhawks. Good tip on the coupon code. I hunt from a tree stand too and this should be a lot more comfortable than a strong side holster. Let us know what you end up ordering.

Joe

tinman

Buckeye
Just getting back into the SA world after a very long hiatus. It would appear that there have been many developments in the SA holster world. Y"all keep talkin, I'm just gonna sit over here and take notes. 8)

Latest posts